Interstate Companies, Inc., is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for approximately 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units – Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
Our body shop is state of the art. As is our mission and our promise to our customers, we strive to provide “Pride in Service”. We do this by providing our technicians with the factory training they need to accomplish and sustain the highest efficiency possible.
• Responsible to weld steel, aluminum and repair on all types of trucks
• Repair all types for fiberglass, plastic body parts, adjust, and modify all heavy duty body components
• Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts department and customers
• Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion
• Meet requirements for certifications
Administrative duties as related to role
Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualities:
• Positive attitude
• Auto body collision knowledge
• The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
Requirements for body shop technician:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 1-3 years of experience working with body damaged heavy duty trucks
• Must have your own set of general tools
• Ability to work with co-workers for troubleshooting and completing repairs
• Technical degree or certification a plus
• Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
• Excellent compensation
• Continuing certification training
• Generous benefits including insurance options, paid time off, holiday, and, 401(k) with employer match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.