Lead Software Engineer
Isotope Eleven, Inc
Headquarters: Birmingham, AL, USA
Birmingham based software development firm is growing and looking for Lead Software Engineer. As Lead Software Engineer you will manage day to day activities of the software team, write code on projects, and make sure our products meet or exceed expectations of our clients and ourselves.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Help manage a team of first rate Software Developers
- Drive best practices into our software development -Test Driven Development, Agile etc
- Architect project's components
- Design high quality, reusable components for business and technology
- Ensure team’s code meets or exceeds our standards
- Create and ensure scheduling and resource estimates are met for projects
- Drive clarity in requirements and influence business decisions that lead to correct solutions
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING
- An opportunity to work with an incredible group of people who love what they do
- Competitive salary range based upon skill sets and experience level
- Subsidy towards your Health / Dental Insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability
- Company paid life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) including paid birthday
- Ability to work remotely (most of the time)
- Company sponsored continuing education
WHO WE ARE
HOW WE WORK
There are no fancy job titles or levels of management, we all just get things done. We work as a team, however you must be able to work semi-autonomously and without hierarchy. We are a remote work based company, and this position will require office hours with some travel. We use tools such a slack, google hangouts, trello and others to interact throughout the day as if we were all under the same roof.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum 8 years professional software experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong vision for improving software codebases
- Minimum of 3 years of multi-engineering team leadership experience
- Understanding and experience with all current best practices in software development with and emphasis on security
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR / OUR CULTURE
- Our developers write clean, logical, high-quality code using test-driven development and Agile practices.
The Ability to Self-Manage
- Our developers usually work one or two projects at a time, and mostly with no direct daily or hourly management. We must be focused, self-directed, and good at managing our work.
A Consultant Mindset
- Our goal is to create solutions that will provide the maximum value for the client’s investment. To accomplish this, our developers must have a consultant mindset allowing us to delve into the business context and closely manage our time, our users’ needs, and our client’s budget.
Curiosity & Love of Learning
A Passion for Development
- Most consider it great to get paid for something we are excited about and love to do. We are passionate about doing really good work (we Give a Sh*t, and we constantly work to refine our practices and chosen profession.
Strong Communication Skills
- As consultants on small teams, we work very closely with clients and their users—learning, exploring, teaching, problem solving, calming fears, discussing budgets, and making smart compromises. It is a whole lot of talking and writing. We must be clear, transparent communicators who understand our audience, provide the correct level of detail, and assist in making smart, informed decisions.
The Ability to be a Good Team Member
- Our developers work side-by-side with designers, clients, and other developers, discussing our work and managing a constant flow of feedback. We must put the needs of the product over our own egos.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like you, please contact us.
Birmingham, AL 35243