This position is responsible for originating marketing ideas, messaging, activities, assets, and tracking.
IGS seeks an experienced Marketing Manager to develop and manage marketing programs in specific channels of the marketing funnel, foster customer retention by creating compelling ideas with great content, and advance company and customer brand building. The ideal candidate must have eight years of experience with a minimum three years of experience at their current organization and/or most recent employer. Must be comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and presenting campaigns directly to the client without supervision.
We are looking for a take charge marketing manager, someone who understands the marketing process. This team member must be able to self-manage projects from initial conception to completion, and have demonstrated experience working for a recognized corporate, federal, or nonprofit brand. The ideal candidate must understand the marketing process including creating, tracking, and analyzing data on traditional and digital earned, paid, owned, and share tactics.
Responsibilities for Marketing Manager
1. Build marketing programs to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments within the strategic marketing plan. Responsible for brainstorming marketing content for marketing plans, writing compelling copy for fact sheets, emails, blogs, social media ads, reports, etc., and creating ways to market the assets created.
2. Create Key Performance Indicators and recommend and create marketing assets can be tracked for performance and impact on the project performance goals and outcomes.
3. Launch project brand marketing, including creating message, themes, narratives, taglines, ideas, and creative briefs to support brand market and promotion.
4. Create earned media and pitch strategy for client projects, including pulling media lists, creating pitch points, writing copy for media outreach, pitching media, and tracking media placement.
1. Manage the work project plan from start to finish and drive collaboration between the client, IGS internal teams, event attendee communication, and stakeholder engagement. This includes writing agendas for meetings, initiating conference calls with clients, uploading audio files in ShareFile, sending an email to meeting attendees, writing final project reports, primary on all client conversations, and sending recap emails with links to audio recordings.
2. Execute marketing projects according to our comprehensive marketing campaign process: performe primary and secondary research; conduct SWOT analysis; write marketing, digital, and social media and stakeholder engagement plans based on primary and secondary research; create tactics for each plan; write content and work with creative team to execute marketing assets for the marketing tactics; respond to client requests; and track results to boost or retire marketing activities.
3. Creating social media posts that support the theme of a marketing campaign, including scheduling posts on social media management platform E-clincher; utilizing hashtags; and creating, maintaining, and managing social media calendars for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.) across various projects.
1. Write final project reports recapping work performance with outcomes and impact, including past performance briefs and award submissions.
2. Conceive, launch, and execute campaigns including self-managing his or her projects from initial conception to completion.
Setting the Expectation
It’s extremely important that our employees know that this is a marketing and public relations agency culture; which means your work hours are 9am to 6pm (one-hour lunch). However, there may be times where we have to be accessible on evenings and weekends. Although it is not our intention, it is the expectation that we set for our clients.
Qualifications for Marketing Manager
· 8+ years of experience building complex marketing programs, creating analytics for marketing assets, and producing outcomes
· Exposure to digital and direct response marketing, social media strategy, marketing automation, and marketing analysis
· Competence as a creative writer with an eye for detail, no errors, and distribution oversight
· Strong project management skills including leading and managing tasks with clients
· Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
· Ability to travel as necessary and work extended hours when called upon
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or similar, and is familiar with the following software/tools: Marketing Automation Tools, Search Engine Optimization, Salesforce, and Social Media Management platforms
Idea Candidates Personality
· Has excellent emotional intelligence and takes work criticism well
· Doesn’t count hours or watch the clock but has an “until it’s done” attitude
· Brings excellence, energy, and a positive attitude to team, clients, and work projects