Summer Camp Instructor- Bainbridge Island
- Posted: 14 hours ago
*** HIRING ***
IslandWood Summer Camps on Bainbridge Campus invites children to discover a new way of seeing nature, themselves, and one another. In doing so, each person comes to understand their ability to change the world for the better. IslandWood operates traditional day camp programs for campers 4 years-old through those entering 9th grade. Running from mid-June through mid-August, these experiences directly address IslandWood’s mission of inspiring lifelong learning and environmental and community stewardship. We encourage diverse applicants because we believe having staff who authentically reflect the communities we serve is critical to our ability to be culturally responsive.
Job Title: Summer Programs Instructor - Bainbridge Island Campus
Classification: Full-time/Seasonal, Hourly/Non-exempt
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:30a to 4:20p (5:00p on Fridays)
13 June thru 21 July or 04 August 2023 depending on need and preference
Housing: Housing is provided in the Graduate Cabins from 13 June through 05 August
Pay Range: $18.00 per hour
Benefit Package: Eligible for Sick & Safe accrual at a rate of 0.038460 per hour worked
Summer Programs Instructors are responsible for leading educational programming using a curriculum guide that integrates science, technology, arts, teambuilding, and adventure learning. IslandWood’s Summer Programs serve children entering kindergarten through 9th grade.
- Develop and teach week-long camp programs for children ages 4-15; including Summer Day Camp for students in 7th and 8th
- Abide by IslandWood’s safety procedures and protocols as stated in your Summer Camp Instructor Handbook and ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Participate and lead portions of staff training
- Attend weekly debrief and prep meetings on Fridays (4:00-5:00 PM).
- Demonstrate IslandWood's core values that enable teams and individuals to succeed with shared respect and purpose.
- Support IslandWood’s strategic plan to expand our mission and impact, and commitment to mission, vision, values and goals of IslandWood.
- Commitment to support IslandWood’s work towards equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- First Aid Certification & CPR required
- At least two years’ experience in teaching and coaching in environmental education and/or camps
- Ability to work as a collaborative and cooperative team member
- Comfortable working with kids of diverse ages, backgrounds, and developmental stages
- Strong work ethic, punctual, flexible, dependable, and responsible
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff, campers, and families
- Willingness and ability to work long hours
- Skilled at spreading calm and responding to parent concerns
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to comply with and maintain a drug-free work environment
- Must pass child safety screening procedure; post-offer
Orientation will be held Tuesday June 13th - Housing Orientation and move-in will be 4 pm on Tuesday June 13, 2023.
Effective 07 February 2022, IslandWood requires all staff, volunteers, docents, interns, and graduate students to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and to provide proof of inoculation including Booster. This decision is intended to aid in the safety and health of all persons delivering and/or supporting program delivery, our clients, and students.
IslandWood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
AddressBainbridge Island, WA
Sports and Recreation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?