We are a premier veterinary housecall practice for the charleston area. We service mostly the Isle of Palms, Sullivans Island and Mt. Pleasant area but do travel to other areas of Charleston. We are seeking an experienced full time veterinary technician/assistant. We are willing to train the right person. The successful applicant must have the following qualities:
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Ability to work autonomously
* People person, enjoys talking with clients
* Great attention to detail
* Professional appearance
* Good navigation skills
* Ability to lift 30 lbs and carry up and down stairs
* Excellent driving record
Additionally, we are seeking an applicant with excellent computer skills as we are a paperless practice. Must have an excellent driving record as our technician drives while the doctor calls clients and updates records. We have wonderful patients and clients and focus on client education. Our ideal applicant enjoys interacting with clients and has a desire to learn about practice management as we are a growing practice.
Some of the job responsibilities include:
* Scheduling clients/patients
* Emailing and calling clients with labwork results
* Calling clients to discuss medical questions regarding their pets
* Dropping off medications for clients, picking up lab samples from clients
* Monitoring inventory of medications and medical supplies as we use JIT inventory
Preferred Experience but will train the right person:
* Holding patients while the veterinarian examines them
* Reading ear and skin cytologies under the microscope
* Transcribing medical records for veterinarian
* Drawing up vaccines
We are open Monday-Friday. If you are interested, please reply with your resume and a brief summary about yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
Island Veterinary Care
Why Work Here?Premier veterinary housecall service for the Charleston area. We take the stress out of veterinary visits for patients and clients.
Get out of the clinic and see patients in the comfort of their homes!