Spatial Data & Asset Inventory Database Specialist (22-031)
- Posted: over a month ago
Island Creek Associates, a professional services firm focused on Government customers, is seeking a Spatial Data & Asset Inventory Database Specialist for a position in Washington, DC.
- Review, build, and update database of spatial data and asset inventory including the updates of floor plans, furniture plans, electrical plans, IT and data plans, and asset inventory lists of Government and leased office spaces within the National Capital Region (NCR), including warehouses and storage facilities.
- Maintain holistic space management execution plans and master CAD library for comprehensive space management visibility.
- Create and maintain a bar coding system to accurately account for DON/FSSD controlled assets including, but not limited to furniture, artwork, historical artifacts, and items deemed necessary by the FSSD Director for property accounting. Asset inventory lists will be subdivided by specific location or office space. Surplus furniture and equipment will be inventoried separately for reutilization and disposition of excess property.
- Maintain data repository of Government and leased space plans.
- Maintain comprehensive project records to include but not limited to meeting notes, design approvals, and redline revision drawings.
- Provide complete database reports to DON/AA FSSD at completion of data input and updates.
- Determine the parameters and guidelines needed for space survey, data collection, and documentation.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position working 8 hours daily Monday through Friday.
No travel is expected for this position.
High school diploma or equivalent
Applications such as Computer Aided Facility Management (AutoCAD 2010 or later and FM Interact), CAPS 20/20, SketchUp, Adobe Pro, and 3ds Max are required.
Minimum of three years of field experience with proficiency in, but not limited to:
- Construction technology and construction industry practices.
- Communicating effectively through project presentations.
- Taking measurements and verifying site conditions.
- Interpreting plans and specifications.
- Performing basic computer operations and software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, etc.).
- Demonstrating comprehensive skills and knowledge of AutoCAD 2010 or later.
- Using a CAFM, Computer Aided Facility Management, application specifically FM Interact.
- Asset management by using barcode printers, scanners, and related applications.
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Problem solving and innovative resolution.
- Interpreting and applying the ANSI/BOMA Z65.1-1996 (or later) “Standard Method for Measuring Floor Area in Office Buildings and the International Building Code.
Required Work Authorization:
Must be able to receive a Government Common Access Card (CAC), access Government systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Island Creek Associates Overview:
Island Creek Associates, LLC is a Maryland-based small business, certified as 8(a), EDWOSB/WOSB, and SDB, with a focus on supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) and state contracting opportunities. We provide expertise in a variety of diverse competencies including engineering analysis, research/development, program/project management, logistics, financial services, information technology services, facilities engineering, and space planning.
Our team members are often recognized for their dedicated work and success in helping our customers achieve their mission. Supporting and caring about our team members brings out the best in all of us. The Island Creek culture and our upbeat employees make us one of the best small businesses to work for.
EO/Affirmative Action Statement:
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Island Creek Associates, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Island Creek Associates, LLC