- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Parched Hospitality Group is looking to hire a General Manager to lead and manage our Front of House Team at our Isla & Co. Williamsburg, Brooklyn location!
Isla & Co. is an upscale, Australian inspired café serving specialty coffee and brunch dishes by day and a seasonally crafted cocktail and dinner program by night.
The General Manager will work side-by-side with the Head Chef to lead the daily operations of the venue. As well as being responsible for the overall hospitality of the restaurant the GM will be accountable for executing the financial goals of the venue, the high service expectations and oversee the food and beverage program. They will be expected to work closely with the entire management team to ensure the operation is being executed at the high standards expected.
We are looking for strong leaders who have the ability to work calmly under pressure, communicate clearly and precisely, quick to action and an ability to teach and develop staff working for them.
What you will do:
- Ensure excellent customer service from the entire team
- Ensure the entire team is up to date with PHG initiatives
- Help create and supervise a high performing team in a high volume environment
- Maintain an A grade and a above standard hygienic environment
- Increase sales and minimize costs across beverage, supply, labor and food in conjunction with the Head Chef
- Ensure that all invoices, financial reporting, payroll and personnel related administrative duties are completed accurately and on time
- Work with management and operations team to drive marketing opportunities
- Identify operational and/or service issues and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action
- Manage all customer service responses
- Ensure a safe work environment across all departments
- Execute daily decision making, scheduling, training and planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Build and maintain strong positive relationships with all key stakeholders (i.e. corporate leadership, operating partners, vendors).
- Ensure all required licenses and permits are up-to-date.
- Floor management including maintaining proper flow of service throughout the cafe while upholding service standards, product quality and cleanliness ensuring continuous communication with kitchen and all FOH staff and guest interaction
- Working with events team and BOH on planning and executing events
- Creating relationships with new and returning guests
- Work with management team on succession planning for all staff
Responsible for all FOH staffing and performance:
- Oversee staff interviews
- Creating and executing training practices for all FOH management and staff based on company standards
- Ensure ongoing development of FOH managers and service staff by creating performance expectations, ongoing feedback, and consistent performance reviews
- Creating service standards for the entire staff and ensuring FOH management is enforcing said standards
- Oversee all FOH terminations and disciplinary action
- Establish appropriate labor costs to drive efficiency
- Maintain a strong and efficient staff base
- Ensure all management and staff have a strong knowledge of food and beverage menus, as well as developing offerings.
What you need to have:
- 6+ years of restaurant/cafe experience
- 4+ years of restaurant/cafe management experience
- In depth knowledge of hospitality financial reporting including weekly P&Ls and expense reports
- Exceptional service skills
- Outstanding food and beverage knowledge - particularly specialty espresso beverages
- Food Handler’s Certification
- Strong ability to multitask
- Problem solving & delegation
- Familiarity of the local cafe scene strongly recommended
- Excellent initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of restaurant/cafe POS systems
- Multilingual English and Spanish looked favourably on
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary ($75,000 - $85,000) + potential to earn an additional $27,000 in KPI based bonus
- 401k program
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Contribution towards monthly Health and Dental and Vision Insurance
- Dining credits and Discounts throughout all Parched venues
- Career Growth Opportunities
Isla & Co
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Restaurant General Managers jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.