Senior Project Manager – Commercial Installation
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is adding to our team! Since 1945, Isaac has been a New York leader in providing HVAC services. If you are a highly motivated individual who can deliver top-quality service while maintaining the highest standards for safety and quality, then send us a copy of your resume today!
As a BBB International Torch Award winner and a NYS Best Company to Work For, you will be joining a growing company with deep roots in the community and a well-known desirable workplace culture that puts safety and employees first.
This is a senior-level position. The purpose of this position is to use the skills and experience to manage construction projects at an advanced level. This individual will operate as part of a team to make project decisions and ensure proper communication and coordination with field staff and clients.
- Perform any and all functions necessary to run and manage multiple construction projects
- Maintain extensive knowledge of HVAC/plumbing systems, commercial and mechanical piping and ductwork.
- Collect vendor quotes, negotiate pricing and make purchasing decisions for equipment and sub-contractors.
- Establish construction schedules and determine appropriate field staff.
- Submit equipment & material documents to client and internal staff for approvals and accurate installation in accordance with established submittal procedures.
- Attend construction meetings and conduct project site visits to manage project quality and schedule.
- Gather information, coordinate and manage production of as-built drawings.
- Independently conduct material take off’s and order material.
- Review submittals prior to submission to clients.
- Estimate and price change orders.
- Work with engineering team on pre-con budgeting for design/build projects.
- Produce all close-out documents.
- Coordinate with service to begin Planned Maintenance contracts upon job completion.
- Produce monthly AIA and progress billings and coordinate with office staff for distribution.
- Review AR and communicate with client regarding outstanding balances.
- Responsible for training and direction of Jr. Project Managers and Project Managers
- Lead a team of Project Managers to complete multiple projects accurately and on time.
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Core Competencies | Level 3
- Results Orientation: ability to understand objectives to be accomplished, develop a plan to achieve them and deliver timely results.
- Interpersonal Relations: establishes and maintains effective working relations with employees and others within and outside the organization.
- Innovation: knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and applying it to existing and emerging situations.
Core Competencies | Level 4
- Self-Development: looks for opportunities to increase knowledge, works to increase responsibility, strives to achieve personal goals.
- Directing & Controlling: ability to create a motivating climate, achieve teamwork, train and develop, measure work in progress, take corrective action.
- Internal Controls: knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance internal control processes.
- Strategic Thought: works to establish and articulate vision, shows creativity when defining solutions.
- Adapting to temperature (frequent). Ability to work in hot or cold environments either inside or outside of the business.
- Standing (frequent). For sustained periods of time on hard surfaces.
- Walking (frequent). Moving on or about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Talking (frequent). Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing (constant). Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound in order to successfully troubleshoot equipment.
- Seeing (constant). Ability to see in the following manner with or without corrective lenses: ability to read/see near or far, judge distances, and identify colors.
- Attendance and punctuality (regular/predictable). Regular/predictable attendance and punctuality for this position is required.
- 5+ years’ project management experience
- Valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation
- OSHA 10-hour Certificate
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Coursework or experience related to HVAC, plumbing, construction management or mechanical engineering is preferred
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in HVAC, plumbing, construction management or mechanical engineering is preferred
The Benefits of Being a Part of the Isaac Family:
- Health Insurance, 401K with Company contribution, Paid Vacation
- In-house NATE training and certification
- Steady work 12 months a year
- One of the best company cultures from a Rochester Top 100 growing company
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive hourly wage/salary
Salary range is our Total Compensation range, which includes Salary plus Bonuses and vehicle allowance.
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is an Equal Opportunity Employer