Principal MySQL DBA-REMOTE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Principal MySQL DBA
Location Type: REMOTE
Contract Duration: 1+ Year Contract
We are in need of a Principal MySQL DBA for one of our top clients. Although they prefer hybrid remote (Scottsdale, AZ area), they are open to fully REMOTE. This is a contract position with a possibility of extension and conversion.
- Lead the Engineering requirements practice for Database Administration. Define standards for gathering and documenting requirements. Approve changes to the standards. Ensure consistent delivery of requirements across all deployed systems
- Generate and revise server, operating system, applications and network standards to support our Database Enterprise in AWS. Ensure delivered platforms meet functional and technical requirements.
- Support MySQL and DynamoDB in large-scale deployments in AWS.
- Lead the development of highly available and scalable platforms. Ensure all phases are being automated. Advocate for new platforms when necessary.
- Setup monitoring and alerting standards which enables DBA to optimize and tune database performance.
- Troubleshoot database issues, maintain database systems availability, scalability and perform capacity planning.
- Analyze data access and modifications requirements to ensure efficient SQL and optimal database design.
- Should be able to write, analyze, explain, troubleshoot, optimize and improve advanced SQL queries.
- Support Database operations and adhere to Change Management policies and procedures.
- Builds a network of strong, collaborative relationships among all stakeholders.
- Challenges established ways of doing things to improve the organization's capabilities around commitments, actions, and results.
- Lead the design and development of monitoring, discovery, reporting, alerting and analytic systems and tools. Collaborate with SRE and monitoring teams.
- Design, develop and support improvements to the value stream as a result of the feedback gathered from monitoring.
- Collaborate with product teams, operations management and stakeholders to optimize system feedback. Monitor and provide guidance to other system engineers.
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Mentor and coach Database Administrations, Systems Engineers and Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of eight years Database Administration experience with hands on experience in MySQL and DynamoDB in AWS.
- Broad technical and practical skills with common infrastructure systems including but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Linux, Virtualization/VMware, Data Marts, , Enterprise backup, Storage, Network Protocols, DNS/DHCP, general networking concepts
- Proven ability to build professional relationships with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability of excellent communication across all levels of the organization, interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options, then implement solutions is essential.
- Ability to influence and provide consistent results across all levels of the organization is imperative.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with a positive demeanor, generating innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Troubleshooting and organizational skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Proven customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding company values are key attributes.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
Irvine Technology Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at Irvine Technology Corporation
Get fresh Mysql Database Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.