COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Superintendent’s role is to effectively monitor, direct, and coordinate the field operations to work together with project managers and engineers to form an effective management team for our clients. Superintendents communicate project priorities to site staff and all subcontractors, serving as the primary leader on site for the construction project.
An overall description of the Irreno Construction Superintendent’s role is to implement and maintain full control of all field matters. Other major duties include:
1. Direct day-to-day coordination of Irreno Construction’s trade contractors and their sub-contractors to ensure high-quality work that meets Company standards.
2. Review and be familiar with contract documents, specifications, shop drawings, and submittals. Irreno Construction Superintendents shall maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to plan and anticipate potential problems before they arise.
3. Help develop the overall construction critical path method (CPM) schedule with the Irreno Construction team prior to construction and managing the schedule throughout the project, including the creation and maintenance of 2-4 week look-ahead schedules.
4. Review and assist in developing scopes of work for each subcontractor.
5. Perform constructability reviews and develop daily progress reports.
6. Conduct preconstruction meetings with all subcontractors prior to beginning each phase of work.
7. Conduct progress subcontractor and foreman’s meetings.
8. Administering the safety program for the project.
9. Participate in progress meetings with the team and or owners.
10. Follow up on RFIs, submittals, as-builts and changes.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic qualifications for candidates include:
1. 10+ Years of construction industry experience overseeing multimillion dollar projects as a Superintendent.
2. Experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
3. Ability to read and understand technical specifications, blueprints, technical manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
4. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
5. Experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
6. OSHA 30 training required.
7. Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Outlook.
Irreno Construction will train qualified candidates to develop:
1. General knowledge of safety regulations, local and state building codes, environmental codes, availability of industry-specific codes and guidelines.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Procore and tablet use.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Irreno Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Irreno Construction Company Inc.
1207 34th Street NWWashington, DC
Get fresh Commercial Construction Superintendent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.