We're located in Pasadena.
Software Developer - Purpose Statement
The Software Developer role will be to perform duties related to the coding, writing stored procedures, troubleshooting, and data migration from legacy VAX applications into Microsoft SQL and VB.Net including:
- To develop software programs by translating the business requirements into reliable software;
- To assist with relational database design, and data migration;
- To build and support user interfaces and data export and import routines between legacy applications;
- To perform data import and export routines and report writing.
- To perform complex analysts, troubleshooting, and problem solving upon financial data and related database and software applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical expertise in defining information systems requirements;
- Perform technical and functional troubleshooting;
- Influence business analysis;
- Reliable software programming in VB.Net, SSIS, SSRS;
- Accurate testing of software applications;
- Coordinate and implement plans to test business and functional processes during software development and quality assurance testing.
- Appropriately prioritize a variety of project tasks.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work and communicate with business partners (vendors), IT staff and customers.
- Ability to understand the importance of, and respect for, the confidentiality of information in accordance with applicable contractual obligations, standards, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and related work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of IT application development & implementation experience
- MS Visual Studio Win-Forms development with C# or VB.Net 4.5
- Databases: SQL Server 2000 – 2012, Access.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrate knowledge of database structure and working practice of reporting tools
- Windows/.Net design/development. Crystal Reports XI. SSIS/SSRS.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting principles G/L, A/P, A/R
- Demonstrate analytical critical thinking skills for process development and problem resolution
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience with and enjoyment of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer service orientation
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.