The job of a Business Analyst was established to perform requirements analysis, documenting business processes, and some user acceptance testing for commercial and custom written software applications for Ironworker Employees’ Benefit Corporation (IEBC).
The Business Analyst role will be to perform a variety of duties related to the gathering of requirements, detailed analysis, troubleshooting business processes, data migration from legacy applications, migration of business operations from legacy business systems. Assist with planning upgrades, and support of enterprise and departmental software applications, including:
- Translate the business requirements into reliable software applications for the business.
- To support and/or train business users in the use of software applications and business methods;
- To perform complex analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving upon financial, pension and healthcare data and related database and software applications.
- To provide support to Application Supervisor;
- To perform related work as required.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct meetings to gather requirements and develop solutions supporting business operations.
- Investigate business issues with applications systems operation, troubleshoot reported defects, research corrective approaches, plan and implement business changes as needed to maintain systems.
- Influence business managers toward best practices.
- Analyze business and technical requirements for each project; design functional and technical specifications. Monitor projects and communicate progress.
- Influence software development or selection of commercial software.
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans to test business and functional processes during development and implementation.
- Maintain up-to-date application knowledge and understanding of how the business uses applications in their workflow and across the enterprise.
- Participate in IT workflow definition and monitoring of business processes including: change control, project management, and service request & task management.
- Provide expertise regarding assigned applications to other members of IT and business enterprise.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization (clerks, staff, managers and executives); developing rapport and working relationships.
- Appropriately prioritize a variety of working tasks.
- Ability to understand the importance of, and respect for, the confidentiality of information in accordance with applicable contractual obligations, standards, and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and related work experience
Minimum of 3+ years of IT Business Analyst experience
Demonstrate knowledge of accounting, financial, pension, and healthcare business systems
Experience with Microsoft applications such as Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
Experience with LaserFiche 9.2
Demonstrate analytical critical thinking skills for process development and problem resolution
Experience in selection, implementation, and upgrade of commercial application software
Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
Experience with and enjoyment of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Strong customer service orientation
Physical Demands and work Environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, such as printer, copy machine
- Frequent communication and ability to exchange accurate information
- Ability to lift 30lbs
- Must be able to identify, recognize and inspect materials
- Occasionally move about inside the office and ascend/descend stairs
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
THE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. SELECTION OF APPLICANT WILL BE BASED STRICTLY ON QUALIFICATIONS.