New Patient Scheduler
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are looking for a qualified and experienced individual to work as a New Patient Scheduler / Operator. This person will coordinate and organize paperwork, records requests and new appointments for new patients iin a busy Women's Center. Will provide excellent customer service and requires excellent communication skills on a daily basis. This is a full-time, day-shift position working a Monday - Friday schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Answers incoming calls from potential patients, referral sources.
- Monitors the fax server.
- Monitors patient call backs/voicemails.
- Registers new patients; obtains all relevant demographic and insurance information.
- Requests and follows up on medical record requests prior to new appointment.
- Mails or emails new patient paperwork in a timely manner.
- Works within Excel logs for patient information record-keeping.
- Coordinates pre-appointment prep work for all new appointments.
- Communicates daily with physicians for scheduling need
- Must be able to type and work on a computer.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor, administrator, or physicians.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of insurance company’s procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules & regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of governmental, legal and regulatory provisions related to collection activities.
- Knowledge of chemotherapy related drugs and supplies utilized preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Internet.
- Ability to use computer and office equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Basic mathematical knowledge.
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years’ medical experience required.
- Medical Oncology experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision and life insurance, 401K, and a caring work environment. We are an E.O.E.
Visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. "Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time"
Ironwood Cancer & Research
HealthcareView all jobs at Ironwood Cancer & Research