We are seeking an Account Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate should have an eagerness to sell, generate new business development, have strong time management skills and a superior commitment to customer service. Outside Sales experience in the fence industry, construction, or general contracting field is desired. You will represent our brand, selling custom ornamental iron and aluminum fencing to top companies nationwide!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
· Generate and develop new leads, identify potential new customers.
· Weekly travel within your market to meet with customers and key accounts.
· Workout of your home office.
· Comfortable with computer use for email, quotes and order entry.
· Conduct outbound calls to establish business relationships with existing, new and previous customers.
· Work closely with Regional Manager to actively manage call schedule and adequately cover assigned territory in an efficient manner.
· Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices and other documentation.
· Scheduling appointments and visiting existing and prospective customer to review product needs and determining other opportunities.
· Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their purchasing potential.
· Provide clear and effective product quotes for current and prospective customers.
· Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
· Periodically conduct information-only presentations, such as seminars, trade show demonstrations, and other efforts.
· Act as a liaison between customers and the company for up-to-date status of service, pricing and promotional sales.
· Reports directly to the Regional Manager
Experience and Education:
· A high school diploma or equivalent
· Related college experience preferred.
· Eagerness to learn technical information and sales strategies
· Technical skills such as measuring and converting units of measure
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Customer Relationship Management data recording
· Attendance and participation in employer paid sales training program required
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
· Sitting for long periods of time behind a desk
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
· Local travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
· Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
· Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.
· Occasional overnight travel.
· Company matched 401(k) deferred compensation plan
· Comprehensive health benefit package
· Sales training and product/industry training
· Company provided Laptop, cell phone
· Company vehicle
· Paid vacation time and Company paid holidays
· Fun and fast paced working environment
Our corporate office is conveniently located in Howard County, MD off of Rt 1. Within a few mins to major highways (32, 295 and 198). Casual work environment.
At Iron World, our products are made from raw steel, giving us the ability to make tubing, posts and pickets of all shapes and sizes. Once the steel has been formed and posts are cut to your size requirements, they go through our extensive coating process. We coat our products using a five stage pre-treatment, ending with a non-chromatic conversion coating to seal the surface and provide additional corrosion protection. Fourteen oscillating, automatic spray guns then apply a polyester powder to the G90 galvanized steel to ensure all parts of the iron fence and gate products are evenly reached with a 3.0-3.5 mil thickness of coating.
Our iron fences and gates are coated pre-assembly to ensure a smooth, consistent finish that resists cracking, flaking and peeling at the panel’s pivot points. This process ensures a full measure of protection in the areas where moisture accumulates and rust begins. Our in-house powder coating line is the largest in the manufacturing industry; over 1200 feet in length and equipped to handle fencing and gates that are up to 50 feet in length, 8 feet in height, and 27 inches in width. To ensure top quality of the powder coating process, two manual gun technicians inspect the final coat of all materials.
Once your decorative iron fencing and gates are ready to be delivered, we place them in polyurethane bags and shrink wrap them closed with heat. This ensures that contaminates cannot enter the packaging, preventing scratches and abrasions during transit. Everyone on the Iron World staff is focused on providing the highest quality product and service at a competitive price. No hidden charges – the price we provide is complete.