Underground Utility Construction
Iron Woman Construction & Environmental Services Englewood, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
These are skilled positions involving the safe and efficient operation of various types of construction equipment including but not limited to Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Compaction Equipment, Water Trucks, Etc. Field labor positions include, laborer, topman, pipe layer, Etc.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Install underground sewer, water, & storm drain in trench
- Excavating and/or backfilling utility trenches
- Operating a loader to move pipe & fittings and manage bedding stockpiles
- Some heavy lifting and labor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience installing sewer, water, & storm drain for equipment operators.
- Field labor positions are entry level.
- Ability to operate multiple pieces of equipment including backhoe, trackhoe & loader.
- Previous heavy equipment operation experience or training is highly preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License is preferred
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Why Work at Iron Woman Construction, LLC?
We offer a competitive salary; benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and holiday pay. This is a full-time 40 hours per week position.
We are big community supporters; provide a fun, collaborative work environment, where growth potential is available.
The Iron Woman Culture=Operational Excellence; Diversification & Integration; Cohesive Team!
Iron Woman Construction & Environmental ServicesWhy Work Here?
Great, Stable Company to grow with.
12503 E Euclid Dr.Englewood, CO
ConstructionView all jobs at Iron Woman Construction & Environmental Services