About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), founded in 1951 and ranked as a Forbes 2018 America's Best Employers, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts. Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, data centers, cloud services and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working. Visit www.ironmountain.com for more information.
Our CDL Class: A Drivers are the public face of Iron Mountain : Trusted to transport and handle client materials and engage with clients and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner. Drivers are responsible for driving a company vehicle( such as a moblie shred unit or straight truck) to transport materials from client and Iron Mountain locations; loading and unloading through a variety of mechanisms; using wireless scanning technology; preparing paperwork and performing daily vehicle maintenance to ensure it functions efficiently. This position calls for a significant amount of physical strength and stamina. We pay by the hour, not the mile.
- Home daily/Consistent Predictable Shifts
- Night Shift- Monday-Thursday- (6:00 PM to 4:30 AM)
- Hourly Pay - $19.00- $20.00 per hour (Based upon Experience)
- Overtime may be required
- Quarterly Bonus
- Shift differential
- Company Paid Uniforms and Safety Footwear .
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick/personal time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k (with company match)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Shift: Monday - Thursday 6:00 PM - 4:30 AM
Location : 6 Dockview Drive, New Castle Delaware 19720
- Interface with customer service, customer support and managers on a daily basis regarding service quality and issues of customer satisfaction.
- Transport customers media to and from specified points within the districts territory. Perform emergency/priority requests and any other customer requests requiring transportation. Operate under specific detailed instructions; refers changes in schedule or problems to supervisor.
- Load and unload vehicles as required and verify accuracy of deliveries and pick-ups.
- Observe traffic and parking regulations and make daily inspection of assigned vehicle to insure proper maintenance is performed. Clean and service vehicle; perform minor maintenance or make minor adjustments as necessary. Report abnormal conditions requiring repair to vehicle. Maintain all equipment associated with delivery/pick-up including carts, cases, skids and two wheelers.
- Prepare and maintain all courier paperwork including courier manifests, work orders, media retrieval orders, and media transfer manifests. Track and forward parking tickets, toll receipts, etc. for payment. Notify manager immediately of accidents and complete accident reports.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Direct responsibility for servicing the customer in a congenial, prompt and efficient manner on a daily basis.
- This job function requires repeated lifting, walking, standing, and manual material handling activities on a daily basis
- Fast paced; dusty environment, not climate controlled in record center; confined vehicle for long periods of time
- Daily travel to other facilities and customer sites; ability to maneuver in/out of vehicle (high first step); must be able to work overtime as required; flexible to work in record center as needed
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening, a background check and a DOT physical. Class A - CDL license required.
- Demonstrate safe and efficient driving skills
- At least one year of route transportation experience is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Sound verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of greater metropolitan area
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
- to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies
- to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- to complete required training within the allotted time frame
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
Requisition # 2019-22610