Basic Job Function
The CSM role is critical to the success of Iridium Technology with a primary focus on managing revenue retention and growth in a defined set of existing client accounts. The CSM is a domain expert in legal industry finance and Iridium Technology products. This individual will partner, collaborate and plan with the Iridium sales, marketing and management teams to retain and grow revenue within the defined accounts. The CSM is directly responsible for executing a plan to improve retention and growth of accounts. This person will drive product adoption and use (reducing backlog), drive a high rate of revenue retention, and up-sell revenue across the assigned territory by working with the law firm executive teams as well as the end user population to fully understand their needs and marshal resources to achieve the goals. Clients will view this individual as someone who can help them solve key business problems. This is a work from home position and requires the candidate to be a self-starter with a strong discipline to achieve outcomes.
- Successfully manage the revenue expectations of a large territory of defined existing client accounts (200+ named accounts). Dominant focus on account renewals with a secondary focus on product cross-sell to meet annual revenue targets.
- Proactively manage the business in the territory by creating annual account plans for maximizing revenue objectives and driving preference for all IT products in the territory. Ensure execution of the preference/usage plan – check, adjust, change the course, etc. Responsible for document preparation for business reviews.
- The CSM is a domain expert in legal industry finance and Iridium Technology products. Must have a deep understanding of IT value proposition, differentiate IT from competition and use this understanding to drive sales through expert demonstration of IT products and industry insights.
- Network with industry leadership, C-level executives, and other key influencers to understand, analyze and share unique client information and industry insights. Establish relationships with multiple contacts across the firm.
- Navigate the client organization to identify and understand solutions/product requirements and uncover new cross-sell opportunities for all IT products.
- Understand and articulate the client’s competitive situation including when their contract is up and what competitors are currently utilized by organization.
- Create ongoing messaging to client base. This includes newsletter, webinar, and other materials to support product value and adoption
- As part of the customer success process, respond to customer calls, field customer questions and provide them with advice on software updates and technical support. Present capabilities of software products via web meeting tools or equivalent technology to clients interested in seeing what enhancements they would have access to if they renewed their contract.
- Accurately and efficiently document information gathered from clients, and, document interactions in the sales process in CRM systems and other formats as required.
- Accurately and consistently report progress of territory plan toward meeting revenue quota goals via forecast/pipeline reports to and meetings with Sales management.
- Utilizes and drives adoption on all required processes, tools, systems, sales metrics and reporting tools.
- Approximately 25% overnight travel to client meetings, sales meetings, training programs, trade shows, and company internal management meetings etc.
- Document client feature requests and pass on to Product Management as client advocate
- Runs NPS survey twice per year, address sub 8 scores and build action plan with the advice of the management team
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications (**Critical qualifications for role, no exceptions)
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (Information Technology, Accounting/Finance, etc.).**
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 7 years of sales success in legal industry finance technology or finance software solutions.**
- Demonstrated drive and experience to successfully sell and win business.**
- Must have the ability to regularly travel overnight for work related events**
- Experience in a previous role focused on customer success or account management is a plus
- Ability to build strong relationships with others to establish a network of relationships with individuals who can provide information, help or access to others.
- Politically savvy to understand and manage the matrix relationships the legal industry. Includes the ability to identify the real decision makers and key influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and*- communication (oral & written) skills required.
- Strong collaboration and team skills required.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with and assist others in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly and expertly perform research, including utilization of appropriate search techniques to uncover valuable industry events and insights.
- Proven investigation or probing skills to uncover sales opportunities.
- Experience working in a fast-paced competitive environment is preferred
- Strong business acumen to understand the impact of your decisions on the territory performance as measured by revenue, profit and customer measures.
- Executive presence, communication and presentation skills to convince customers to purchase Iridium Technology products and services.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. Experience with HubSpot CRM is a plus.