Experienced Legal Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a thriving commercial litigation boutique law firm located in mid-town with an opening for an experienced litigation legal assistant. This is not an entry level position. We are a busy Firm and we need someone who can take the ball and run. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a winning team.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience - Real Estate litigation experience is a plus
- Experience with e-filing in state and federal courts
- Must be proficient with Outlook, Word Processing Software (Word), Time Keeping Software, and Adobe
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a solid understanding of both office and legal processes and procedures
- Must possess excellent grammar, writing and editing skills, as well as good work ethic
- Manage attorneys’ calendars and monitor case deadlines
- Assist with the organization of electronic files
- Communicate with Court Clerks on the District, State and Federal levels
- Schedule and coordinate depositions, including court reporters and videographers
- Schedule and coordinate mediations
- Assist attorneys with preparation for trials, hearings and depositions
- Prepare, proofread and edit legal documents and correspondence
- Prepare expense reports
- Process third-party invoices
- General administrative tasks and other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Hours: 8:30 am -5:00 pm - This includes a 1 hour lunch, totaling a 7.5 hour work day.
Pay: $55,000 - $65,000 per year
Benefits include medical insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation.
This is NOT a remote position. To keep our employees safe, we have implemented distance between work stations, provide hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks, as needed.
Irelan McDaniel, PLLC
2520 Caroline StreetHouston, TX
LegalView all jobs at Irelan McDaniel, PLLC