Exceptional Children Behavior Support Teacher-Elementary & West Middle
- $37,000 to $60,000 Yearly
Behavior Support Exceptional Children Teacher - Cool Spring Elementary & West Iredell Middle School
- Facilitate a positive behavioral change in students.
Conducts assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Participates in PPT's and assists in developing Individual Educational Plans ("IEP") for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's and behavior management plans.
- Coordinates with outside agencies, organizations and institutions, including state and federal authorities as needed.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services.
- Serves as ready resource to students and parents to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and behavioral management; serves as liaison between home and school.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships with members of institutions of higher learning and the business community.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Assists in the orientation of new teachers, and provides in-service training in guidance.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
-Knowledge of developing an FBA and BIP
Ability to collect effective and efficient ABC data and other data sources
Trained in CPI or willingness to be trained in CPI
Ability to implement evidence-based behavior programs
Ability to implement evidence based behavior strategies to possibly include ABA
Develop strategies that assist students in assessing their own behavior
=-Ability to train and direct multiple para-professional staff in effective instructional and behavioral intervention practices.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
Working with students with behavior deficits; possibility of injury
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- State Certification as a Special Education Teacher.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
1969 Mocksville HwyCool Springs, NC
EducationView All Iredell-Statesville Schools Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.