Diesel Mechanic Heavy Equipment
- $20 to $40 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
We are looking for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to assist with preventative maintenance and repairs of diesel equipment in the field. You will travel to various job sites to make electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic repairs on equipment such as excavators, loaders, trenchers, forklifts, and more. Applicants should have some experience with diesel heavy equipment repair so they can determine what parts and tools are necessary for repairs. You must be able to use a tablet to run diagnostic tests and enter job information, and you need a valid driver's license to travel to job sites.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical repairs as well as preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues with diesel engines
- Determine what parts and tools are necessary to make repairs
- Complete shop paperwork
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in engineering OR training as a mechanic (a plus)
- 2 to 5 years of experience with diesel/heavy equipment repair
- Welding experience (a plus)
- Manual dexterity
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
Family owned company with great benefits, paid healthcare, paid holidays, and $1,000 referral and signing bonus
Iowa Trenchless is a premier underground construction contractor seeking individuals with a great attitude. We offer competitive wages, Paid Holidays, an excellent 401K plan, pay 100% of our employee's healthcare, and offer dental, vision and disability, continued education, safety training and apparel (PPE), work clothing, profit sharing, and bonuses. A valid drivers license is required; construction experience and a CDL is preferred. Training available for both.
Iowa TrenchlessPerry, IA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.