Accountant / Administrative Assistant
Iowa Treasurer of State Des Moines, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Point of Contact Hiring Manager at Administration@tos.iowa.gov
To Apply For consideration please submit your resume, and cover letter to Hiring Manager at Administration@tos.iowa.gov
This is a non-merit position with the Iowa Treasurer of State. Candidates must follow the instructions in the "To Apply" section.
The State Treasurer’s office acts as the state’s banker for state agencies. As part of that role, treasury staff provide customer service to other state agencies and the public. We have an immediate opening for a full-time, self-motivated and team-oriented accounting or administration professional to join our team.
The successful candidate must have the ability to multitask and handle varying workloads. An understanding of general accounting is a plus. Duties may include some or all of the following:
· Collecting and processing deposits from other state agencies
· Scanning and transmitting check images
· Preparing deposits for coin, currency and checks to bank deposit
· Approving cash receipt documents in state accounting system
· Assisting state agencies with their deposits
· Providing customer service to state agencies and the public
· Various accounting and administrative duties as assigned
· Writing and reviewing procedures in assigned areas
· Providing backup to other areas of the office, which could include claims processing, report processing, processing returned checks, etc.
The successful candidate will have to be adaptable, have good analytical and problem solving skills, possess a willingness to learn. Attention to detail and organization are important. Good writing and verbal communication skills are a must.
Four-year bachelor’s degree required. Previous experience in accounting is a plus. This is an IPERS-covered position with benefits including vacation/sick leave and health/dental insurance. EEO/AA employer.
Iowa Treasurer of State
321 E 12th StDes Moines, IA
Finance and Insurance