Advertising Sales Director - Publishing and Printing
Iowa Information Publishers and Printers Sheldon, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Iowa Information Publishers and Printers, a second-generation family-owned and managed publishing company based in Sheldon, Iowa, is seeking an Advertising Sales Director to join its management team to oversee the development and performance of all advertising sales for print and digital products including management of eight field sales team members. This position reports directly to the company president, Jeff Wagner.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful, growing news organization and help to develop a sales and marketing strategy to leverage print, online and social media. If you meet the qualifications below and are interested in being a part of a strong family owned company, we encourage you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage field sales team in multiple locations through consistent and repeatable sales processes
- Develop field sales team by providing coaching and accountability
- Responsible for recruitment and onboarding of new sales team members
- Ensure goals and related action plans are created by individuals for performance and accountability
- Maintain regular activity tracking and performance attainment by the team and individual sales representatives in order to provide predictable and forward looking metrics
- Ensures CRM is used effectively and consistently by all members of the Sales team
- Develop a strategy for the long-term sustained success of advertising sales
- Grow digital advertising
- Think strategically to identify sources of growth, profitability and efficiency for Ad Sales
- Create sales plans with customers
- Maintain contact with clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure communication and implement within the Sales team.
- Provide regular reporting and sales plans to President
- Responsible for developing and maintaining his/her own accounts
- Travel within the market
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field is preferred although a proven background in sales and management will also be considered
- 7 or more years progressive experience in sales and sales management is required
- Sales management and proven leadership skills with the ability to drive sales team success
- Experience with print and digital advertising sales is a plus
- Experience showing consistent career progression into senior management role
- Sense of urgency with the ability to meet performance deadlines and reporting requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage a team with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong understanding of how to build a sales culture and good practices focused on customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish a positive rapport with customers
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive strategic and critical thinking with a strong sales mentality and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and CRM software programs
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Organized, enthusiastic team player who is considerate and able to work well with others
- Possess positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customers
- Strong time management abilities
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.
The work environment is friendly and collaborative. The owners are typically found working side-by-side with team members.
Iowa Information Publishers and PrintersWhy Work Here?
A great opportunity to join a successful, growing news organization and help to develop a sales and marketing strategy.
Founded in 1962, Iowa Information Publishers and Printers is a second-generation family-owned and managed publishing company based in Sheldon, Iowa. The company publishes five paid-circulation weekly newspapers and four free-distribution shoppers, a free entertainment guide and a content-driven website. The papers are highly regarded in the industry and annually receive top honors in both state and national competitions. In addition, Iowa Information publishes special themed sections on a weekly basis that shine the spotlight into different aspects of all the communities and school districts in a five-county coverage area. The firm’s upscale lifestyle magazine focuses on the state’s premier tourist destination, Okoboji and the Iowa Great Lakes The work environment is friendly and collaborative. The owners are typically found working side-by-side with team members.
227 9th St. SheldonSheldon, IA
BusinessView all jobs at Iowa Information Publishers and Printers