Customer Support Agent
- $34,528 to $50,710 Yearly
The Iowa Department of Revenue’s Collection Bureau within the Tax Management Division is currently seeking a Customer Support Agent. The Collections Bureau is responsible for the collection of delinquent tax and non-tax debt. The various duties involve using collection tools such payment plans, garnishments, bank levies, correspondence, and phone calls.
The Tax Management Division (TMD) strives to be helpful to taxpayers by providing education and service so taxpayers can comply with tax filing and payment obligations. TMD has three business units/bureaus:
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Assisting customers in meeting their tax obligations by answering questions via telephone, as well as directing customers to online and other resources
- Providing general tax assistance, account level information, status updates, and assist taxpayers with resolving their balance due
- Providing customers with exceptional customer service in a call center environment
- Covering standard call center hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the following:
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Experience in providing customers information about various tax types
- Demonstrated experience with related work that requires attention to detail
- Additional preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the GovConnectIowa application
Job Specific Competencies:
- Customer and Personal Service – Principles and processes for providing customer and personal service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Deductive Reasoning – Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
The Iowa Department of Revenue is a well-respected employer. We are focused on providing excellent customer service, while offering a wonderful team atmosphere, work-life balance, free parking, and casual attire. We offer a flexible working environment and opportunities to work from home with the ability to work from anywhere in the State of Iowa as long as it is your primary residence. We have a great total compensation package for all of our full-time employees, including:
- Iowa Public Employees' Retirement System (IPERS)
- Retirement Investors Club (RIC)
- Flexible Working Environment- Work from Home Opportunities
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays (9 days/year)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
The mission of the Iowa Department of Revenue is to serve Iowans and support the state government by collecting all taxes required by law, but no more. Our strength is driven by the skills, talents, and diversity of our people. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization. If you’re looking for a career with an organization that values its employees and customers, you’ve come to the right place.
At the Iowa Department of Revenue, we value employee safety first and foremost. This is why we will use every resource possible to ensure this hiring process stays within the current guidelines related to COVID-19. If selected to move forward, please be aware that at this time interviews will be conducted virtually using a webcam teleconferencing method.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Experience equal to three years of full-time clerical or closely related work;
an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting graduation from high school, G.E.D. equivalency or satisfactory completion of a recognized correspondence or formal job-related training course at the high school or equivalent level such as that offered by WIN, OEO, CEP, CIVEC or similar programs, for one year only of the required experience;
an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting nine months or thirty semester hours coursework in an accredited business school, college or university for each year of the required experience;
certification from the State of Iowa Administrative Assistant Certificate Program will substitute for six months of the required experience;
employees with current continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes the equivalent of eighteen months of full time experience as a resident treatment worker or Clerk–Advanced.
Iowa Department of RevenueDes Moines, IA
Get fresh Customer Support Agent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.