Director, IT Infrastructure Architecture, Engineering and Operations
- Expired: September 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the VP, IT Infrastructure and Operations, this position is responsible for leading and managing IT infrastructure architecture, engineering and operations.
The person in this role will collaborate with business users and IT application teams to understand business needs and use their in-depth knowledge of current and emerging cloud based technologies to translate those needs into solutions that achieve defined business outcomes and service levels. He/she will be an architect and lead a team of engineers to drive consistent service delivery and continuous improvement in ITOps, CloudOps and SecOps.
The strongest candidates will have pragmatic architectural experience, strong engineering skills and proven operational expertise for designing, implementing and operating a performant, reliable, fault-tolerant and secure computing environment.
Management and Planning
- Understand corporate business drivers to drive technical architecture, engineering and operational requirements.
- Regularly partner with IT and other functions to understand strategies, plans, technology needs, emerging trends
- Evaluate technology and industry trends that can provide high-leverage solutions
- Analyze current information technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and provide recommendations
- Set the 2-4 year technical direction of IT infrastructure, develop and sustain a rolling multi-year plan with respect to modernizing our cloud/on-premises infrastructure, database, and network environments that leverages latest trends and technologies
- Develop roadmap for evolving operating model (i.e., org structure, in-/out-sourcing, processes) to support business growth and information technology strategies
- Execute on a portfolio of projects
- Lead, design and document an enterprise-wide technical architecture based on corporate business requirements and information technology strategies.
- Utilize proven architecture methods (e.g., TOGAF, Zachman) and techniques (e.g., whole systems design, requirements modeling, use case modeling) to formulate architectures
- Implement best practices, create standards, maintain architecture documentation, teach resilient design, develop re-usable models/templates, and formulate principles to ensure a high-quality, secure, scalable and maintainable IT eco-system
- Advocate enterprise architecture principles and the value proposition of architecture to technology and business partners.
- As a hands on leader for a team of engineers, design, build and operate a highly available, resilient and secure infrastructure that addresses business requirements
- Establish best practices and formal methods for defining, designing and operationalizing quality attributes (security, performance, manageability, flexibility, usability, resiliency, availability)
- Partner with security teams to build usable, secure and robust solutions for the organization
- Establish and execute a roadmap for ITOps, SecOps, CloudOps
- Oversee the administration of enterprise application environments including Microsoft 365, AWS, databases, authentication, backups, and security services using a hybrid model of internal staff and external managed services
- Identify gaps and drive continuous improvement in IT services, vendor delivery, asset management and vulnerability management
- Utilize ITIL best practices and KPI's to consistently deliver a high level of user satisfaction
- Institute company policies and procedures to ensure optimal usage and efficiency of the company's enterprise IT resources and compliance with quality standards and regulatory requirements
- 10 plus years in similar leadership roles with exposure to multiple and diverse architectures, technical configurations, technical platforms and cloud environments
- 3 plus years designing, implementing and operating security architectures across cloud and infrastructure services
- Industry standard certifications in areas of architecture, security, ITIL
- AWS certified solutions architect and strong experience with AWS Technology stack and with AWS Services such as EC2, S3,
- Strong experience using proven practices and leveraging automation for driving operational excellence in ITOps, CloudOps and SecOps
- Familiarity with adjacent architecture disciplines such as Application Architecture, and Business Architecture
- Past experience using using a mixture of internal resources and external service providers to meet SLA's for a global operation
- Well versed in current and emerging technologies with ability to implement solutions that create value without putting business operations at risk
- Proven leadership and management skills for identifying talent, developing people, creating high performing geographically dispersed teams, managing multiple workstreams, prioritizing and driving results in a highly dynamic business environment
- Effective communication and influence skills to lead change and foster teamwork
- Strong planning mindset, detail oriented, self-driven and accountable
- Program and project management skills are a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis, or a relevant field
By voluntarily providing information and clicking "Submit Application", you explicitly consent to the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described above and in our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Iovance Biotherapeutics Inc
AddressSan Carlos, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Iovance Biotherapeutics Inc
Get fresh VP Infrastructure jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.