- Expired: November 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As ION Storage Systems, Inc. continues to expand doubling in size this year, we are seeking to hire an experienced Facilities Engineer to oversee all building-related activities at our Beltsville, MD headquarters as we commercialize our next-generation solid-state lithium metal battery and bring it to market. This position will be full-time and report to the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for coordination, modification, maintenance, and administration of the Company's existing facility and equipment using a combination of in-house staff and contract services.
- Oversee program development, design management, and construction coordination for the company's expansion objectives.
- Support the Maintenance and Facilities functions for corrective and preventative maintenance and repair of facilities, utilities, and equipment.
- Track and report project progress to leadership, alerting developing problems where management intervention or oversight is required. Plan and implement appropriate actions as necessary to mitigate risks.
- Plan and coordinate all infrastructure installations (telecommunications, HVAC, electricity, etc.) and refurbishments
- Ensure compliance with facility operating procedures, processes, work rules, national, state, and local safety and operating codes as well as regulatory compliance
- Supervise all facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers, etc.) and external contractors
- Lead easy to medium complexity maintenance projects. Examples include troubleshooting equipment issues and preventative maintenance.
- Leading facilities projects in support of company growth. Examples could include completing high CAPEX facilities projects or supporting manufacturing equipment installation (i.e., utilities, exhaust, etc.)
- Establishing a Preventative Maintenance system and Spare Parts inventory that can grow with the company into pilot scale manufacturing.
- Cross-Functional work in support of facility expansion, research & development equipment, and manufacturing operations.
- Experience identifying, selecting, and managing external contractors.
- General expertise with industrial electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems typical of laboratory and light industrial facilities.
- Experience managing multiple contractors and stakeholders to achieve project goals and meet deadlines.
- Sound working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), OSHA, and government regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc. Proficiency in CAD is beneficial.
- B.S. in an Engineering/STEM field or 5+ years equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience managing facilities & equipment including improvement and installation projects.
- Experience maintaining and fixing laboratory, manufacturing, and/or other industrial equipment
- Familiarity with industrial controls such as PLCs, etc.
- Experience in a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience Negotiating bids and contracts for third-party workers
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
- This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability, and group life insurance
- Generous stock options in an early-stage company
- 17 days of PTO
- Company and floating holidays
- 401k plan with company match
- Quarterly Wellness Incentive
Ion Storage Systems Inc., located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including, defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. The company offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.
Ion Storage Systems
Get fresh Facilities Engineering Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.