About the Job
Invoice Cloud is seeking an experienced and well-rounded Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in Brownsville, TX. Candidate will use Microsoft Visual Studio, ASP.NET, Visual Basic / C#, and Azure technologies to work on a wide ranging set of projects, mainly focused around continuous improvement of existing systems, and updates to existing systems to make use of Azure cloud technologies.
- Re-architect existing software systems to use Azure cloud technologies (Azure Functions, Service Fabric, etc) to support rapid growth over the next 5+ years
- Maintain and enhance existing software systems
- Maintain and enhance CI / CD systems
- Participate in design and strategy meetings centered around future growth of software systems
- Provide technical support for existing and new software systems
- Other duties and tasks as prescribed by management
- Bachelor’s / Masters Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience using Microsoft technologies, including, but not limited to:
- Azure WebApps
- Azure Functions
- Azure Container services
- Azure Service Fabric
- Azure Storage Queue
- Azure Blob Storage
- Azure Service Bus
- ASP.NET (WebForms, WebAPI, MVC, SignalR, ASMX Web Services)
- Visual Studio (Web, Console, and Library projects)
- .NET Framework
- Team Foundation Server / VSTS / Azure DevOps
- 3+ years' experience using web technologies, including, but not limited to:
- REST APIs
- Excellent testing and debugging skills
- Ability to pick up knowledge of existing systems by reading and understanding VB.NET / C# code
- Well-rounded software engineer with an understanding of the life cycle of systems and data
Technical Nice to Haves
- Experience with New Relic is a PLUS
- Payment processing development experience is a PLUS
- Experience in coding design patterns is a PLUS
- Knowledge of OWASP coding practices
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
About the Benefits
Invoice Cloud provides an excellent health and dental care package, paid vacation and sick leave, and a team atmosphere with an open door policy.
Invoice Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Invoice Cloud provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.