The primary function of this position is to provide high level customer service to clients in a high call volume environment. The CSR takes client calls and forwards appropriate calls to the Portfolio Director if necessary. May enter resident applications into property management system and assist Portfolio Director and Assistant Portfolio Manager as needed. This position will report directly to the Portfolio Director.
- Create and maintain a high service, customer-focused environment. Greet and assist walk-in residents and/or prospective residents and answer incoming phone calls in a polite and assistive manner
- Collect, organize, open mail daily and deliver to appropriate party
- Assist in verifying move-out inspections are complete and ready for turn
- Accept & process resident rent payments and forward to Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Document service requests from residents and forward requests to Service Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Assist manager in verifying that all invoices are in property management system
- Assist in follow up of invoicing status and postings
- Assist in the determination process of HOA Violation statuses
- Prepare leasing documents in support of leasing team
Work Environment & Physical Requirements: The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Requirements: This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers which can cause muscle strain. The position may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, up to and including 20 lbs. The position requires talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word to impart information to clients or to the public, and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Environmental Conditions: The office may be a busy environment. This position may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of internal and external customers. The environment may be busy and/or noisy and the incumbent will need excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
Sensory Demands: Sensory demands include use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches along with hand/wrist strains from using computer keyboard and mouse.
Mental Demands: This position will manage a number of requests, job requirements and projects concurrently. Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
Vision: See in the normal visual range, with correction if needed.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range, with correction if needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Possess strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to write clear and concise correspondence
- Work collaboratively with team members
- High school or GED
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience in Property Management and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of maintenance/construction terms and pricing
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe
- Previous experience using property management software