Administrative Assistant - Strategic Communications Department
- Posted: January 13, 2023
As the leading global association of mutual funds, ETFs, and other regulated funds, the Investment Company Institute encourages adherence to high ethical standards, promotes public understanding, and works to advance the interests of funds, their shareholders, directors, and advisers.
As a member of the Strategic Communications department reporting to the Chief Strategic Communications Officer, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative support to the Chief Strategic Communications Officer and other members of the Strategic Communications Department, including three Senior Directors. The incumbent is also responsible for coordinating departmental administrative functions.
Essential functions of this role include:
- Manages calendars for Chief Strategic Communications Officer, Senior Directors, and other department members as necessary. Books standing meetings and appointments, including regular conference calls with ICI members.
- Books travel and prepares expense reports for Chief Strategic Communications Officer, Senior Directors, and other department members as necessary. Works with external travel agency, Accounting, and Conferences to resolve issues.
- Manages Strategic Communications' weekly report to the Policy Committee, weekly Senior PC Staff Meeting agenda, and agendas for other meetings as needed.
- Tracks staff leave requests and compiles departmental leave report for Human Resources.
- Answers Chief Strategic Communications Officer's phone and other phone lines (including the Media Relations line); screens and routes calls; takes messages and provides information as appropriate. Greets and assists visitors. Receives, opens, and routes mail and faxes; prepares mail and FedEx pick-ups. Processes materials in relevant outboxes.
- Maintains contact lists for Strategic Communications Committee and other member groups.
- Registers memos for the Strategic Communications Committee and other ICI member groups.
- Arranges and manages departmental functions (staff meetings, lunches, etc.).
- Processes all disbursements for Strategic Communications and the ICI Education Foundation, and monitors department expenses; works closely with Accounting to confirm that all charges are correctly coded to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides support in planning, organizing, and executing special PC events involving members of the media and ICI members. Obtains and assembles information and materials needed by Strategic Communications staff for meetings and scheduled events.
- Provides research, organizational, and administrative support for specialized projects.
- Maintains archives of speeches, promotional materials, and previous work products.
- Helps format and maintain consistency in speech materials, handouts for meetings, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Other appropriate tasks as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- Undergraduate degree preferred and minimum of 3 - 5 years administrative office experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Ability to excel in high- pressure environment, working quickly and efficiently with a high degree of independence and personal initiative.
- Discretion; ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under multiple deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Advanced administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with Institute staff, senior representatives of member firms, vendors, and guests.
- Flexibility concerning schedule, including ability to work occasional overtime.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Must develop competence with ICI software systems, including web-based applications for expense, accounting, and leave reporting.
ICI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits to include a comprehensive medical plan, generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid leave, commuting subsidies, and tuition reimbursement as well as training and development opportunities. Based in Washington, DC, ICI is conveniently located next to McPherson Square Metro station. This is a hybrid position with three days in the office and two days working from home.
To be considered for the position, please provide your cover letter and resume.
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Investment Company Institute
BusinessView all jobs at Investment Company Institute
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?