Administrative Assistant - Industry Operations Department
- Posted: over a month ago
As the leading global association of mutual funds, ETFs, and other regulated funds, the mission of the Investment Company Institute (ICI) is to strengthen the foundation of the asset management industry for the ultimate benefit of the long-term individual investor.
As a member of the Industry Operations department reporting to the Chief Industry Operations Officer, the Administrative Assistant will provide a wide range of project and administrative support to the Chief Industry Operations Officer, Senior Director, Technology & Cyber Security, and the Director, Transfer Agency & Operations. This position requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, reliability, and professionalism.
Essential functions of this role include:
- Maintains the Outlook calendar and contacts for the Chief Industry Operations Officer and makes necessary travel and meeting arrangements, including the processing of expense reimbursements.
- Assist with preparation and organization of annual conferences, including the Leadership Summit, and Tech Summit. Responsibilities include scheduling panel prep calls and meetings with conference speakers, developing conference materials such as speaker bios, organizing and hosting the speaker’s onsite Green Room, preparing in-person speaker practice panels, shuttling speakers to and from the stage, coordinating the timing of panels to ensure conference program stays on schedule, and assisting with other conference logistics as needed throughout the event.
- Plan and prepare various committee meetings for the Chief Industry Operations Officer, Senior Director/Director(s) (virtual and in-person) including handling of all meeting planning logistics, coordinating and monitoring attendance/online registration process, creating attendee lists, programming polling questions within the virtual platform as appropriate, preparing audio-visual materials and information folders for meetings onsite and offsite, and monitoring virtual meetings to assist with technical issues or meeting participants logistical questions. Secure dinner locations including all coordination with venue staff as well as arranging catering for in-person meetings. Run virtual meetings with slides and live polling questions. Assist with testing and implementation of new technology for hybrid and virtual meetings.
- Assist with the biennial Mutual Fund Transfer Agents Trends and Billing Practices survey process including tracking participant registrations, coordinating with the Accounting Department to deliver appropriate invoices to participants and track receipt of payments, coordinate mailing of final report to participants, set up and run various Zoom webinars for participants throughout the process, and provide other administrative support as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for various industry webinars including communicating with speakers, working with the Conference Department on promotions and other details, tracking registrations, and preparing webinar slides. Administer webinars including ensuring the webinar is recorded, managing slide presentations, coordinating and moderating panelist prep calls, and providing tech support to webinar participants.
- Assist Senior Director, Technology & Cyber Security with annual Cyber Security Survey (both domestic and global) including creating, delivering, and collating surveys to members, and developing 200+ page slide presentation of survey results.
- Assist Operations Senior Directors/Directors with various member surveys including building survey questions within SurveyMonkey software, tabulating results, and developing presentation of final results.
- Perform ongoing review of Operations Department web pages including identifying necessary changes and improvements to be implemented by the Design Department.
- Register and file memos within the Memo System, maintain department files and committee working group/taskforce rosters, distribute documents and correspondence, arrange travel plans for Senior Director and Director, prepare various staff expense reports, and organize meetings and video calls.
- Respond to requests for information from members as directed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Directors and the Chief Industry Operations Officer.
- Serve as a backup to the other Administrative Assistant within the Operations Department.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- Undergraduate degree and three to five years of administrative office experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks, and handle complex assignments.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in completing assignments, including strong proofreading, grammar, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to deal professionally with colleagues throughout the Institute and ICI members.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong working knowledge of Zoom, Teams, Webex platforms including advanced features/tools.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
ICI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits to include a comprehensive medical plan, generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid leave, commuting subsidies, and tuition reimbursement as well as training and development opportunities. Based in Washington, DC, ICI is conveniently located next to McPherson Square Metro station. This is a hybrid position with three days in the office and two days working from home.
To be considered for the position, please provide your cover letter and resume.
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Investment Company Institute
BusinessView all jobs at Investment Company Institute
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?