Administrative Assistant - Government Affairs
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
As the leading global association of mutual funds, ETFs, and other regulated funds, the Investment Company Institute encourages adherence to high ethical standards, promotes public understanding, and works to advance the interests of funds, their shareholders, directors, and advisers.
As a member of the Government Affairs department reporting to the Chief Government Affairs Officer, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Political Affairs Director in the coordination and management of the ICI Political Action Committee (ICI PAC). Provides additional administrative support to Lobbyists in Government Affairs Department, as well as providing back up assistance to the Government Affairs Assistant of the Chief Government Affairs Officers.
Essential functions of this role include:
- Manage ICI PAC administrative functions.
- Develop understanding of Federal Election Commission regulations and filing requirements to provide support for processing receipts and disbursements.
- Maintain ICI PAC program records and files.
- Assist with efforts to increase ICI PAC participation.
- Provides support in planning, organizing, and executing special Government Affairs events, especially ICI PAC-sponsored candidate fundraising events, involving members of Congress and other government officials.
- Help to prepare the Lobby Disclosure Report for review and approval.
- Help with ICI PAC gift distributions and mailings.
- Assists lobbyists with Outlook calendar management and contacts, including necessary travel and meeting arrangements, and processes expense reimbursement submissions.
- Aids in the processing of Government Affairs disbursements and monitors department expenses; works closely with Accounting department to confirm that all charges are correctly coded to the appropriate accounts; assists in preparation of the departmental budget.
- Helps to prepare annual consultant retainer letters, maintain contract files, and process and monitor bills to confirm that they are in accordance with the retainer letter.
- Obtains and assembles information and materials needed by Government Affairs staff, including ICI's PAC, for meetings and scheduled events. Prepares reports for use within the Government Affairs Department. Obtains information and materials and assists in the preparation of reports for use outside of the department.
- Drafts, formats and edits correspondence to Members of Congress, government officials and their staff, as well as reports, memo registration, forms, envelopes, labels, and related documents using word processing software. Helps in the preparation of charts, graphs, tables, and presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred), 3 -5 yrs. administrative experience, preferably Government affairs/political experience on Capitol Hill, the Executive Branch or as an administrator in a government affairs office, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Basic understanding of how political action committees operate and the fundraising process in Washington, DC.
- Willingness to work in a bipartisan manner.
- Ability to deal effectively with Institute staff at all levels, senior management of member firms, outside counsel, Washington Representatives, Members of Congress and their staff, and government agency officials.
- Ability to work with high degree of independence, discretion, and personal initiative.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of the political and legislative processes.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to display teamwork and cooperation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint); specifically mail merging, and software used by ICI.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Ability to travel when needed.
ICI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits to include a comprehensive medical plan, generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid leave, commuting subsidies, and tuition reimbursement as well as training and development opportunities. Based in Washington, DC, ICI is conveniently located next to McPherson Square Metro station. This is a hybrid position with three days in the office and two days working from home.
To be considered for the position, please provide your cover letter and resume.
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Investment Company Institute
BusinessView all jobs at Investment Company Institute
Get fresh Fund Administration jobs daily straight to your inbox!