Roving Maintenance Technician
Invest West Management Vancouver, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maintenance Technician I
SIGN-ON BONUS - $500 after first 45 days; additional $500 after 120 days
Invest West Management is a growing, Washington-based Property Management firm that strives for excellence. We have an overall great company culture with a team that likes to work hard and play hard!
We are currently seeking a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) Maintenance Technician to service SW Washington including Portland and surrounding areas. Our corporate office is located in Vancouver, WA. All employees start the day at this location.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- Full-time / $20 - $25/hour (DOE, inclusive of performance bonus)
- Flexible shifts available
- Company paid employee health and dental plans
- Voluntary benefits including vision, FSA, AFLAC, disability and term life insurance
- 18 PTO days in first year
- Paid corporate holidays (average 11 per year)
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Company vehicle, clothing, cell phone, tablet provided (mileage reimbursement for private vehicle use)
- Healthy Work Culture - employee events, teambuilding, community volunteer projects
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance in order to maintain a desirable property appearance. Responsibilities include carpentry, appliance repairs, glass replacement, screen repair and replacement, and painting.
- Represent Invest West Management in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensure all service requests, callbacks, and/or work orders are performed properly and promptly.
- Complete maintenance service requests within given timeframe.
- Turn vacant apartments including, but not limited to; minor maintenance, drywall repairs, painting, changing locks, light bulbs, garbage disposal, drawers, doors, smoke detectors, blinds, windows, drains, faucets, toilets and appliance repair.
- Clean and maintain pools and spas, including chemical testing and furniture cleanliness.
- Clean and maintain property grounds. Remove trash and debris from all common areas.
- Clean and maintain barbeque grills, dog stations, gutters etc.
- Maintain workplace and maintenance shop by keeping all areas clean and organized.
- Respond to emergency after-hours calls and emergency situations on an on-call rotation with other maintenance technicians.
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
- Maintain open communication with the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 years of property maintenance/building systems experience.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the unit turn process.
- Familiar with appliance repair, minor plumbing, pool and spa, and basic roofing maintenance/repairs.
- Must possess skills necessary to use all common hand and painting tools including rollers, brushes, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc. and hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance or landscaping.
- Other power tool skills including, but not limited to, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, key machine and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions. Utilize tools and supplies in a responsible and cost-efficient manner.
- Must have your own basic tools of the trade. Specialty tools may be provided as needed.
- Reliable transportation to and from work required. Company vehicle provided during working hours as appropriate. (Must be insurable)
- Valid drivers’ license, good driving record along with current auto insurance may be required.
- It may be required to be certified to use pool chemicals and/or air conditioning refrigerant, depending on the property.
- Working inside and outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment.
- Medium to heavy work, requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Good hand-eye coordination essential, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs, and perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequences.
- Must use proper safety equipment at all times as required by the company
- Close-toed, slip-resistant shoes must be worn at all times
- Must report all safety issues/concerns to manager
*Invest West Management is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law*
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Powered by JazzHR
Invest West Management
Real EstateView all jobs at Invest West Management