Strategy and Research Manager
Invest Puerto Rico 00901, PR
- Posted: over a month ago
Invest Puerto Rico, Inc.
Invest Puerto Rico (IPR) is a non-profit organization created by Law with the mission of promoting Puerto Rico as a competitive investment jurisdiction to attract new business and external capital to the Island. IPR operates within a fast-paced environment - our culture is highly entrepreneurial and values creativity, problem-solving, initiative, intellect, and work ethic. People who do well at IPR tend to embrace complexity, are adaptable to changing circumstances, espouse a global view, understand the importance of relationships, and are highly results-oriented. IPR prides itself on its welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration, innovation, and professional growth. Our team is comprised of people with diverse backgrounds in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors coming together to build a leading institution to shape a brighter future for Puerto Rico.
The Research and Strategy Manager will play a key role in managing strategic initiatives, providing market research, performing corporate due diligence, and analyzing an array of policies which impact IPR’s economic growth performance. The Strategy and Research Manager will push the organization to augment performance leveraging diverse data and software tools to ensure that IPR is consistently on the cutting edge of practices to facilitate economic growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and compile industry, sector and market research and analyses.
- Monitor and analyze global and domestic macroeconomic trends.
- Research and analyze economic data for the island, metropolitan areas and municipalities
- Create profiles of local communities identifying assets and opportunities to position these markets for inward investment.
- Research existing assets or needed assets to shift the competitive position of Puerto Rico (i.e. university capacity in a field, energy sector hurdles to corporate attraction, real estate capabilities or technology needs for specific industries)
- Conduct ongoing benchmark analyses of Puerto Rico as an investment destination vs. competing destinations.
- Support the business development team in conducting due diligence of potential companies considering investment in Puerto Rico.
- Provide research support and advice to other internal teams to co-develop marketing materials, strategic documents, and other analyses consistent with the organization’s economic development objectives.
- Track latest developments in economic development and innovation policies at the federal, state, local, and international levels.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of economic development tools (such as financial and economic impact models, data visualizations and maps, among other).
- Proactively evaluate new data sources and develop new analytical approaches to improve the research team’s efforts.
- Participate and contribute to IPR-led sector committees and business advisory councils.
- Write concise and effective briefs, reports, white papers and presentations.
- Deliver presentations and reports verbally to management and external stakeholders.
- Present to external audiences on behalf of IPR and represent the organization at conferences and other venues.
- Assist with providing data and information to respond to stakeholder and media requests, as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business, public policy, planning or other related fields. Masters Degree a plus but not required.
- Five (5)+ years of relevant work experience in economic development, management consulting, or a related industry.
- Familiarity with Puerto Rico’s economy, geography, business culture and socio-political environment preferred.
- Strong familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research design and techniques as well as market research experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff, groups, major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with high-level decision-makers.
- Highly motivated self-starter who works well independently and with teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple research projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to be resourceful with meticulous attention to detail.
- Be results oriented and have an ability to solve complex challenges.
- Driven to contribute meaningful ideas and succeed.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Invest PR is an Equal Opportunity- Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Invest Puerto Rico
BusinessView all jobs at Invest Puerto Rico