Lead Technical Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
If Star Wars was comprised of engineers, there’s no question Yoda was a Technical Architect.
Wise, nimble, and diminutively green, Yoda never spent too much time worrying; understanding that a great plan reduces the “What Ifs?”. We believe that the best solution is always the most informed.
Our mission lies in helping others be successful, and our next Technical Architect will help us continue to chart the correct path. Much like Yoda, you are the guide and the educator along the way.
Everyone at Inventive holds themselves to a high bar for quality, efficacy, and innovation, but our Technical Architects certainly hold themselves to the highest. They are always seeking continuous improvement; looking for new tools, methods, and approaches to solve our most complex problems.
To respect your time and interest, our interview process is three simple steps:
- 30-minute call with Alyssa Bunn, our Director of Recruiting.
- 30-minute Zoom with James Shaw, our COO (and former VP of Engineering).
- 30-minute Zoom with Jason Fitch, our Director of Engineering.
Challenges and Opportunities
Getting shit done, brilliantly isn’t just a cheeky tagline. We say what we mean, so get prepared to jump on board and trust your gut when it comes to GSD - let’s rock it out!
Like any Technical Architect, you’ll be driving projects from client discussion to implementation. So, you might find yourself justifying a particular database selection, then mentoring junior developers, or even crawling through someone else’s failed project so we can fix it for them. We could go on, but you get it!
We work with software, but primarily with a focus on cloud-based applications. Ideally, you will have extensive knowledge of full-stack software development and cloud technologies. It’s a must to feel comfortable working hands-on with a dynamic mix of tools.
Note: This role is roughly 75 - 80% coding and 15 - 20% team leadership and pre-sales.
Let your geek flag fly! You’re not only crazy innovative, but sensible. We celebrate creativity - even abstract philosophy - in our process; understanding that it often leads us to our most innovative ideas.
What’s awesome is that we’re treating our Technical Architect as a true expert. You’ll be communicating directly with clients to understand their needs; translating requirements into project plans and deliverables; designing a convincing solutions architecture; then, maybe sharing a quick Giphy over Slack (forewarning: we’re aggressive with memes).
While you are a total part of a team, you will often be the lead on your projects. You’ll ensure that all due diligence is completed and risks are mitigated; scope and assumptions are documented and be sure that we’re providing the most correct solutions for our clients. Because we want you to be successful, proven experience and unbreakable confidence in this specific role are invaluable to us.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience that’s required (and really important to have):
- 10+ years of relevant experience; preferably in an SMB and/or consultancy
- Strong business acumen coupled with engineering, architecture, and project management skills
- Solid track record as a Technical Architect on full-stack integrations and cloud migrations
- Solid experience with hands-on full-stack development (MERN and .NET preferred)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS and/or Azure) and serverless architectures (AWS Lambda and/or Azure Functions)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bulletproof technical documentation
- Experience mentoring (and ability to be mentored!)
Wildly impressive folks will also have experience with:
- High EQ: the ability to “read the room” with clients and team alike
- Confidence: a sound thought leader with a strong desire to generously share knowledge
- Tenacity: proven ability to dig into unfamiliar territories to solve complex problems
- Team-oriented: strong preference toward collaboration over solitude
- Humility: Check your ego at the door
- Demonstrate expertise through projects such as
- End-to-end mobile application and supporting infrastructure
- Multi-database architectures
- BYOPP (Bring Your Own Passion Project)
You’ll totally fit into our team if you are:
- Searching for an amazing, “do good” culture
- Passionate about software development (it’s okay to be obsessed)
- Naturally pleasant, self-motivated, and driven
- Committed to continuous improvement in and out of work
- Demonstrate respect and professionalism in everything you do
- Dependable, available, and on time!
We get shit done, brilliantly.
Founded by two great friends, Andy and James, Inventive exists to improve lives with bad-ass tech. That's our mission and why we show up every day. Our goal is to make technology and innovation accessible for all.
We’re a community of entrepreneurs, women, and veterans connected through our passion for getting shit done, tireless attention to detail, and commitment to creating our best work - every time.
Every day, we solve complex problems in creative ways. Whether it’s helping launch powerful user experiences, modernize systems and brands, or bring visions to life with your own expertise, one thing is for sure: you’ll never be bored! The best part?
People are the most important part of our mission.
If you can’t tell already, we are a fast-moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about improving lives. We hire the best of the best who want to grow, thrive, and contribute in a meaningful way.
- We're a privately owned company with a people-first team. We move and adapt in a flash!
- We have been in business for five years and grown 20% YoY; this year, we’re on track for 35%.
- We hire top performers that embrace challenges and leave the bureaucracy to big tech.
What’s special about this opportunity?
- 100% Remote: Plug in where you’re most productive! We are an everywhere agency.
- Ownership: Be trusted to make an impact. Everyone owns their role, 100%.
- Variety: Create websites, mobile apps, and more for unique companies around the world.
- Growth: Each project is totally different. Grow and learn in real-time.
- Stability: We grow responsibly. Even in rough seasons, we’ve never considered a layoff.
Contracting at Inventive
This role is budgeted for a part-time (15+ hours) or full-time ongoing contract.
- Consistency: Ongoing projects + strong backlog = no bench time!
- Zero Travel: Forget your commute! No planes, trains, or automobiles are required here.
Please note: Inventive does not offer sponsorship. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Inventive is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Inventive Group