Intrepid USA - Our vision makes a difference:
We are a top 10 national home healthcare company with an overall 50 year history of excellence driving our future vision forward. We are putting a dent in the homecare universe through our commitment to providing affordable, personalized, patient and family centered medical home healthcare, home hospice, private duty homecare and independent living support services delivered in a concierge style, on-demand to create an exceptional patient experience. What makes our vision different:
- Culture driven by servant based leadership with an inverted organization chart. Our clinical teams are at the top and our CEO is at the bottom supporting our organization
- Our Care Centers are not franchises. We have a National Support Center helping our Care Center leaders manage and drive their local "family business" style of operations, clinical and patient experience
- Our teams manage their local Care Centers where they are embedded in the fabric of the communities they serve
- We are committed to caring for our patients just as if they were our family
Why working here is awesome:
- Industry leading online training system and modules for continuing education thru Intrepid University
- Clinician centric WellSky EHR to improve clinical documentation quality and patient care
- Competitive pay with healthcare, dental, vision, pharmacy, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account benefits with affordable premiums for Full-time team members
- 401K for Full, Part-time and PRN team members
- Supportive time away through PTO time and company paid holidays for Full-time team members
- Mobile benefits access, 24 hour NurseLineSM, Teladoc access, health education library and health cost estimator for Full-time team members.
- Company paid Life Insurance up to $50K and AD&D insurance with the option of additional affordable voluntary life and AD&D available for Full-time team members.
- Short and long term disability insurance available at affordable rates for Full-time team members.
- Talent science that improves the quality of our talent acquisition, recruiting process and team members
Great work you'll do here:
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the clinical team and leads by example. The RN is responsible for delivering professional nursing care to our patients in accordance with the established plan of care. The RN offers quality of care when completing face to face time with patients and when completing all documentation. The RN complies with all agency policies and procedures. The RN will provide quality care consistent with all relevant professional standards and state and federal requirements.
- Serve as Registered Nurse the clinical care voice for patient care
- Drive the clinical excellence, quality and integrity performance for the organization
- You are empowered and accountable for making a difference and leading your areas of responsibility
- Assesses plans and intervenes using the nursing process to meet the client's health care needs
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in condition of the client and family situation and documents such reports and observations in the clinical record
- Performs assigned nursing procedures, including the administration of treatments and medications in the care of the client, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the plan of care
- Interacts with clients and families to meet individual physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs
- Teaches the clients/caregivers appropriate self-care techniques
- Assists with the rehabilitation of clients according to the client care plan
- Consults the Case Manager/MD in making changes or decisions with the plan of care
- Contributes to the effectiveness of case management and coordination of services by open communication
- Assures and completes accurate documentation with all clinical data including but not limited to admission through discharge, updates, OASIS, HCFA 485, physician's orders, skilled nursing visits and changes in conditions legibly and according to agency standards.
- Complies with the requirements of state licensure and accreditation by following policy and procedure maintaining competencies and knowledge base
- Recommends new policies and/or changes in current policies to improve quality of client services as well as efficiency and effectiveness of services
- Participates in on-call coverage
- Communicates potential risk management issues and reports abuse or unsafe/illegal practice as required by law
- Attends case conferences as requested and staff meetings as requested
- Assists with quarterly record reviews as requested
- Is punctual for client visits and reports to w