Senior Unreal Networking Engineer
We are obsessed with crafting a unique MMO, if you’re up for the challenge, let's make it glorious together!
Intrepid Studios’ Ashes of Creation team is looking for a highly motivated and talented Game Networking Engineer to join us, here in beautiful Southern California. This role will report to the Networking team and support our networking team by developing high traffic scalable backend systems in C++ to ensure that we continue to deliver to our community great experiences that only Intrepid can provide! This is a great opportunity to unleash your creativity and partner with talented game veterans to craft a unique MMORPG that helps bring people together.
What you will accomplish:
- Collaborate with engineers to create and maintain and highly scalable multi-server solutions
- Work alongside the gameplay team to provide solutions for systems that will scale at-large, and assist with network optimization efforts
- Create and document complex systems in a clear manner for others to rely on as a reference and potentially expand upon
- Help mentor the internal networking team through verbal and written feedback
What you bring to the team:
- A minimum of 5+ years of working on multiplayer games or related equivalent experience
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience working on highly distributed multi-server systems
- Experience with various networking protocols (TCP, UDP, Etc)
- Experience profiling and optimizing applications for bandwidth and CPU usage
- Experience with version control such as Git and Perforce
- A positive, collaborative, and self-motivated mindset that works well with other developers
- Ability to articulate (both in written and verbal methods) complex processes in a clear manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Unreal’s networking architecture
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Familiarity with online gaming backend services such as PlayFab, Azure, or AWS
- Familiarity with microservices architectures and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with cyber security methods and practices
- Experience with AAA game development
- A Passion for making and playing MMO games
- Familiarity with Ashes of Creation
- A portfolio that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to create maintainable, high-quality code
Required Application Materials:
- Resume & Portfolio
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Relevant information about yourself that demonstrates exceptional ability and goes beyond your resume
- Why you are interested in working at Intrepid
- What games you are currently playing
What We Offer:
- Medical health benefits covered 100% for employee & dependent
- Paid vacation & Sick days
- Company Bonus’
- Company matched 401k
- Fun & creative environment
- Healthy work life balance
- Free onsite gym
About Intrepid Studios:
Founded in 2015, Intrepid Studios is the independent developer and publisher of the upcoming and Most Anticipated MMORPG, Ashes of Creation.
Based in beautiful Southern California, Intrepid has assembled a veteran AAA team of tremendous talent and experience in the MMORPG industry. The gaming industry can be a turbulent storm of hiring cycles and layoffs. We’ve set out to do something different, to break this cycle and create an independent studio capable of withstanding the chaos of this industry.
We’ve brought on-board a team of professionals that hold a diverse set of skills, and who all share a singular goal: making fun games. The studio is designed to be an open place for collaboration and communication, a place that is conducive to team building and success. Our goal is to build a family that will laugh together, play together, succeed together, and stay together.
Intrepid Studios is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, pledged to Diversity in the Workplace. Intrepid Studios is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Intrepid Studios will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Applicants of all ages, identities, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Intrepid Studios will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Intrepid Studios
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?