Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- $98,000 to $137,200 Yearly
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Intrepid Studios is looking for a detail oriented Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with a proven track record of delivering superior results, and who will have the direct responsibility for creating and maintaining tools and processes needed to ship high-quality, low-defect MMO game systems, from backend servers to end-user game clients.
- Develop and maintain test plans in cooperation with design and engineering
- Develop and maintain testing tools, test automation tools, and test reporting tools
- Develop and maintain integrations with continuous integration and development systems
- Advise and guide engineering on designing and developing testable systems
- Analyze development processes and offer strategies for reducing development defects as early as possible
- Advise and guide the quality assurance team on effective testing strategies
- Troubleshoot and triage test failures
- Actively look for test coverage gaps and potential exploits
- Effectively report testing results to stakeholders
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance engineering
- Expertise in quality assurance processes and best practices
- Expertise in modern scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with game system architecture
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience with database, web, and cloud technologies
- Experience in both Windows and Linux environments
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Additional Considerations (Pluses):
- Experience with Unreal Engine Tools
- Experience with C/C++ toolchains
- Experience with Unreal automated testing tools such as Gauntlet
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter describing your quality assurance qualifications, why you are specifically interested in Intrepid Studios, and what games you are currently playing
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that while this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 30 min interview with the hiring manager
- Panel interviews with several members of the hiring team
- Final interview with the executive team
- References calls & a background check
The Legal Bits:
We offer competitive pay based on market standards plus a significant annual bonus structure. The base salary for this role is between $98,000 - $137,200, depending on skills and experience. Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall throughout the range based on these factors.
We encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process and employer experience.
Founded in 2015, Intrepid Studios is the independent developer and publisher of the upcoming and Most Anticipated MMORPG, Ashes of Creation. Based in beautiful Southern California, Intrepid has assembled a veteran AAA team of tremendous talent and experience in the MMORPG industry. The gaming industry can be a turbulent storm of hiring cycles and layoffs. We've set out to do something different, to break this cycle and create an independent studio capable of withstanding the chaos of this industry. We've brought on-board a team of professionals that hold a diverse set of skills, and who all share a singular goal: making fun games. The studio is designed to be an open place for collaboration and communication, a place that is conducive to team building and success. Our goal is to build a family that will laugh together, play together, succeed together, and stay together.
All posted positions are full-time with generous medical benefit options covered 100% by employer for employees and dependents plus paid vacation & sick days, and 401k with matching.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Intrepid Studios will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Applicants of all ages, identities, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Intrepid Studios will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
See more details on your right to work here: https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPoster.pdf.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. See more details here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Intrepid StudiosSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView All Intrepid Studios Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.