Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- $66,000 to $83,160 Yearly
Intrepid Studios is seeking an experienced Senior Quality Assurance Analyst passionate about games, problem solving, iteration, and analytics. This senior contributor role works in close partnership with integrated marketing and game teams to help ensure our products hit the quality mark on behalf of the company. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of software testing, and has a proven track record of large-scale development testing efforts in the entertainment industry.
- Utilize advanced testing methodologies to deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure strategies
- Analyze & monitor the software development processes and methods used to ensure quality
- Ensure requirements and risks are continually either mitigated or accepted throughout the SDLC
- Enhance live operations and deployment stability, across both internal and production environments
- Research, recommend, and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Investigate, analyze, and execute testing strategies for performance, usability, and hardware compatibility
- Propose and influence new measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Coach others as they develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training, constructive feedback, and mentorship
- Approach software development from a Grey-box perspective; utilizing established developer toolsets to build custom test scenarios
- Represent Intrepid Studios through public-facing quality assurance activities
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA, Confluence) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Advocate for the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring test suites using a variety of technologies
- Be an expert in one or more software testing methodologies
- Practical knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, & SQLServer
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Current game knowledge of Ashes of Creation
- White box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level (CTEL) or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Relevant information about yourself that demonstrates exceptional ability and goes beyond your resume
- Why you are interested in working at Intrepid
- What games you are currently playing
What We Offer:
- Medical health benefits covered 100% for employee & dependents
- Paid vacation & Sick days
- Company Bonus'
- Company matched 401k
- Fun & creative environment
- Healthy work life balance
- Free onsite gym
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that while this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent team
- 60 min interview with the several members of the Hiring team
- Final interview with the Executive team
- References calls & a background check
The Legal Bits:
We offer competitive pay based on market standards plus a significant annual bonus structure. The base salary for this role is between $66,000 - $83,160, depending on skills and experience. Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall throughout the range based on these factors.
We encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process and employer experience.
Founded in 2015, Intrepid Studios is the independent developer and publisher of the upcoming and Most Anticipated MMORPG, Ashes of Creation. Based in beautiful Southern California, Intrepid has assembled a veteran AAA team of tremendous talent and experience in the MMORPG industry. The gaming industry can be a turbulent storm of hiring cycles and layoffs. We've set out to do something different, to break this cycle and create an independent studio capable of withstanding the chaos of this industry. We've brought on-board a team of professionals that hold a diverse set of skills, and who all share a singular goal: making fun games. The studio is designed to be an open place for collaboration and communication, a place that is conducive to team building and success. Our goal is to build a family that will laugh together, play together, succeed together, and stay together.
All posted positions are full-time with generous medical benefit options covered 100% by employer for employees and dependents plus paid vacation & sick days, and 401k with matching.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Intrepid Studios will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Applicants of all ages, identities, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Intrepid Studios will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
See more details on your right to work here: https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPoster.pdf.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. See more details here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Intrepid StudiosSan Diego, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.