The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery, dedicating specific attention to customer satisfaction. The successful incumbent will respond to customer questions and complaints in a timely manner, notifying customers about any delays in the delivery schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage records of executed orders - logs/ schedules and loading plans
- Collaborate with other departments as needed to create comprehensive schedules for leading and shipping
- Daily arrangement of equipment in accordance with the loadout needs to fulfill orders
- Manage all activities throughout the order, including fulfilment and transportation cycle to ensure deadlines are met
- Respond to customer inquiries and/or refer clients to the appropriate channels, including resolving delays, diverting shipments, disputing supplier charges, etc.
- Track and analyze mis-shipments and determine solutions to prevent future occurrences
- Prepare accurate bills of lading, if needed
- Proactively identify bottlenecks and suggest improvement
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Assess and resolve issues relating to transportation, customer problems, import and export, and logistics systems
- Provide rail rates to the sales team and offer best routing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Four to seven years' related work experience
- A higher-level degree may substitute for experience
- Previous transportation experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to organize and collaborate across multiple functions
- Previous experience developing and interpreting data-driven analyses a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Adaptable, flexible and with the ability to balance multiple projects / priorities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Integrity, reliability, initiative and ability to meet tight deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.