Intrepid College Prep is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, high-performing public charter schools committed to preparing scholars to excel in selective colleges, earn professional opportunities, and graduate as financially literate professionals and positive leaders. Our Blue Chip Team currently educates nearly 700 students across two schools – Opportunity Academy, serving students in grades 5-8 and Independence Academy, serving students in grades 9-11 in 2019-2020.
Intrepid College Prep achieves remarkable academic growth for all scholars through our commitment to high expectations and high-quality support. During the 2017-2018 school year, Intrepid earned a level 5 growth score as measured by the Tennessee Value- Added Assessment System and was distinguished as a Reward School by the Tennessee Department of Education. This is a particularly notable achievement as we serve one of the highest English Language Learner populations among Metro Nashville Public Schools.
Our work grows scholars academically, financially, and socially – providing the skill sets needed to be game changing leaders in every facet of the future. Intrepid alumni will transform college campuses and the work force, raising expectations for academic excellence, financial acumen and ethical leadership.
Recruit Students for Intrepid College Prep '
Our students and families are an integral part of the Intrepid Community. As a Student Recruiter, you will work with the Associate Director of External Affairs to engage with and actively recruit potential Intrepid families and ensure we meet student recruitment goals. You will work to build and sustain our student recruitment strategy through canvassing, outreach, marketing, and data entry. You must believe in the value of an Intrepid education and be able to communicate this vision to families.
Student Recruiter Duties and Responsibilities
- Canvassing activities within designated recruiting areas including, but not limited to:door-to-door solicitation, community outreach to local businesses and community organizations, strategic distribution of Intrepid promotional materials, cold calling, cold emailing, attendance at recruitment event
- Collect applications
- Routinely engage newly enrolled students and families to ensure they matriculate with Intrepid in the fall
- Support in enrollment and recruitment data entry
- Event planning for prospective families (information sessions, school tours, etc.)
- Track work to ensure we are meeting recruitment and enrollment goals
- Provide feedback to inform refinement of recruitment plans
Successful Student Recruiter candidates possess the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and build relationships with a diverse group of parents, students, and community stakeholders.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once and adapt to changing priorities.
- Dedication to educational success for students of color and low-income youth.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Speaks Spanish or has experience working with bilingual students (required).
- Belief in and alignment with Intrepid College Prep’s core beliefs and educational philosophy are non-negotiable.
The position will begin in January 2019.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
Hours are flexible; performance-based incentives available.
Commitment to Diversity
Intrepid College Prep is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
HOW TO APPLY
To begin your application, submit your resume at this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=orG68fw5&s=ZipRecruiter
Please note that later stages of the application require a phone screen and video submission. For more information, contact our Hiring Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.