Psychology Post-Doctoral Fellow @ LGBTQ Group Practice
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will provide individual, group, relational, and family therapy services to the LGBTQ+ community. As a growing for-profit psychotherapy practice, our focus is on hiring qualified individuals who also possess the attributes required to optimize client care and professional development in this environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with clients on multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and/or intersectional issues, and have a high level of emotional intelligence and demonstrated multicultural competence in working with all facets of the LGBTQ+ community. They will be proactive, responsive, affirming, and possess trauma-informed therapy skills. They will value professionalism within the workplace, and have the ability to work effectively as a member of teams (both peer & supervisory). The ideal candidate will possess the requisite organizational skills to manage the timely completion of documentation. They will have excellent communication skills, and be able to proactively work with their supervisory team on needs & challenges, for support. They will also be able and open to engaging in self-reflection and self-awareness, for professional & personal development, and optimal client care. Individuals with interest, training, or experience working with individuals with significant trauma histories, including racialized trauma both in and out of the workplace, are highly sought.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will report to the Training Manager and will build up to and maintain at least 22 direct client contact hours per week of individual, relational, and/or family counseling and provide 5 such hours at sliding scale fee rates. You will also facilitate an average of 1 group session per week. Additionally, the Post-Doctoral Fellow is expected to engage in weekly clinical supervision with the Training Manager, weekly group supervision with our Post-Doctoral Fellows and with fully licensed therapists, study and prepare for the EPPP examination, prepare and submit Illinois licensure paperwork, and engage in ongoing research, training, and mentorship necessary to specialize in queer-focused, multicultural therapy.
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program at IntraSpectrum Counseling is an 18-month program that takes Post-Doctoral Fellows through licensure as a Clinical Psychologist – 12 months for obtaining clinical supervision hours and 6 months for taking the EPPP and obtaining the license. Successful Post-Doctoral Fellows will be offered a permanent position as a Therapist at IntraSpectrum Counseling at the end of the program. The program also involves training and education in 3 core competency areas: clinical competency, LGBTQ+/QTBIPOC competency, and professionalism competency.
While this position is based out of one of our offices in Chicago, travel to our other locations in the Chicagoland metropolitan area is expected from time to time.
BENEFITS OF INTRASPECTRUM COUNSELING
IntraSpectrum Counseling offers significant benefits to our team members, including:
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare, dependent care, transit, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Unlimited PTO
- Access to an unlimited CEU platform
- Stipend for study package for EPPP exam
- Reimbursement of application and IDFPR licensing fees for clinical psychology license
- Reimbursement of professional association fees
- Professional liability insurance
- ISC-paid short-term disability insurance
- ISC-paid long-term disability insurance
- ISC-paid group life and AD&D insurance
- ISC-paid emergency travel assistance protection
- ISC-paid identity theft protection
- ISC-paid employee assistance program (EAP)
- Voluntary critical illness insurance
- Voluntary accidental injury insurance
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Language fluency salary bonus
$58 - 78k
The compensation model is based on a Draw-Against Commission Mode and is a productivity model for pay.
Please see our Compensation Page on our website for more information (https://intraspectrum-chicago.com/clinical-comp-info/)!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as the Training Manager, Clinical Director or Chief Administrative Officer may deem necessary from time to time. It is expected that Post-Doctoral Therapists will grow more independent in their ability to execute the below responsibilities throughout the duration of the Post- Doctoral Program.
All Post-Doctoral Fellows will be provided training and supervision on fulfilling the responsibilities listed below. It is expected that Post-Doctoral Fellows will grow more independent in their ability to execute the below responsibilities throughout the duration of the fellowship program.
- Build up to and maintain at least 22 direct client contact hours per week of individual, relational, and/or family counseling and provide 5 such hours at sliding scale fee rates.
- Facilitate at least 1 group counseling session per week. Provide at least 1 group counseling program at a sliding scale fee rate each year. Provide at least 1 group counseling program at a probono rate each year.
- Clinical duties may include conducting individual, relational, family, and/or group counseling, based upon clinical expertise and interest.
- Develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans.
- Participate in weekly group clinical consultation.
- Provide clear and concise information to clients regarding IntraSpectrum Counseling’s clinical programs, services, policies, and resources.
- Consult with other counselors and supervisors as required and appropriate.
- Establish and maintain client case files and other pertinent and related client documents.
- Be an active member of the clinical team, participating in consultation pods, internal committees, and mentorship programs.
- Refer clients to appropriate internal and external resources as required and appropriate.
- Attend continuing education sessions, training, and case consultations on a regular basis.
- Meet session and other quantitative and qualitative operational and clinical performance goals.
- Maintain compliance with all requirements, policies, and procedures as set forth in the
- IntraSpectrum Counseling handbooks and manuals.
- Timely and prompt completion of detailed case notes for clients.
- Timely and prompt completion and submission of all billing requirements as per practice policy.
- Maintain records according to practice policy.
- Adhere to ethical, legal, and regulatory standards of practice, and maintain an awareness and respect that the individual is practicing under their clinical supervisor’s clinical license.
Team and Administrative Responsibilities
- Commit to professional development.
- Participate in ongoing supervision with Program Manager and/or assigned supervisor or mentor.
- Participate in regular team member meetings, including meetings with your Program Manager, team meetings, all clinician meetings, and professional development opportunities.
- Be a strong voice for inclusion and belonging with internal and external audiences, championing our culture, mission, and values to audiences in all communities.
- Play a vital role in culture by supporting efforts to expand access to clinical services, including blog/article writing and facilitating internal and external seminars and/or presentations.
- Use of computer systems for booking client appointments, managing a client’s electronic health record, retrieving relevant organizational and clinical information, and communicating with internal and external individuals.
- Provide general administrative support, such as preparing and updating reports, general filing, and calendaring.
- Maintain positive and professional staff and client relationships, consistently demonstrating honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance. Use discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Stay informed regarding research, best practices, and regulatory developments in clinical practice.
- Participate in and comply with IntraSpectrum Counseling’s workplace vaccination program and requirements.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain an openness to feedback.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Willingness to travel upon request.
- PhD/PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology, or similar, from APA accredited program.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and related healthcare regulations and laws.
- Strict adherence to the ethical principles governing confidentiality and privacy.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in working with the LGBTQ+ community required. Demonstrated training or experience in working with the LGBTQ+ community preferred.
- Ability and willingness to explore and process various aspects of intersectionality with clients is required. Demonstrated training or experience in working with clients on multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and/or intersectional issues is preferred.
- Fluency in a foreign language is strongly preferred but not required.
- Excellent consulting and case management skills.
- Able to establish effective working relationships across all organizational levels and with all practice personnel.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work both independently and in a team environment to meet or exceed goals.
- Must display high levels of emotional intelligence and willingness and ability to engage in self- reflection.
- Must have a high degree of discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong project management, time-management, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage competing expectations, prioritize effectively and deliver high-quality, error-free work.
- Must be able to confidently prioritize and reprioritize based on evolving needs or in response to new information.
- Must have strong organizational skills, including the ability to categorize, sort, and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient, and logical manner. Ability to carefully proof all work and use proper grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- A strong sense of professionalism about all aspects of the job.
- Must be accessible and comfortable with a virtual reporting structure for self.
- Must possess a growth mindset.
- Must possess ability and willingness to work in a for-profit, group practice environment.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation. Access to a car is not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time and requires the ability to lift 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to stand, pull, and reach for various items of different weights and varying degrees of height. The ability to work nights and weekends is required. The ability to travel as requested on occasion is required.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
IntraSpectrum Counseling is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
180 N Michigan AveChicago, IL
Get fresh Psychology Fellow jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.