LSW Therapist @ LGBTQ+ Practice - LSW to LCSW Program
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The LSW Therapist will provide individual, group, relational, and family therapy services to the LGBTQ+ community. The ideal candidate will have experience working with clients on multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and/or intersectional issues and should have a high level of emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and demonstrated multicultural competence in working with all facets of the LGBTQ+ community. Individuals with interest, training, or experience working with individuals with significant trauma histories, including racialized trauma both in and out of the workplace, are highly sought.
The LSW Therapist will build up to and maintain at least 22 direct clinical contact hours per week. Additionally, the LSW Therapist is expected to engage in weekly clinical supervision, weekly group supervision with our therapists, study and prepare for the Clinical ASWB examination, prepare and submit Illinois licensure paperwork, and engage in ongoing research, training, and mentorship necessary to specialize in queer-focused, multicultural therapy.
The LSW program at IntraSpectrum Counseling is a 30-month program that takes LSW Therapists through licensure as an LCSW. Successful LSW Therapists will be offered a permanent position as a Therapist at IntraSpectrum Counseling at the end of the program. The program length may be adjusted based upon how many clinical supervision hours an individual already has. The program length may be adjusted based upon how many clinical supervision hours an individual already has, and the program may end early if an individual meets the necessary requirements for and obtains licensure more quickly.
While this position is based out of one of our offices in Chicago, travel to our other locations in the Chicagoland metropolitan area is expected from time to time.
BENEFITS OF INTRASPECTRUM COUNSELING
IntraSpectrum Counseling offers significant benefits to our team members. A detailed list of benefits is available on our website. Our benefits include:
● Group health, dental, and vision insurance
● Healthcare, dependent care, transit, and parking flexible spending accounts
● Unlimited paid time off for vacation or sickness
● Paid holidays
● Access to an unlimited CEU platform
● Stipend for NCMHCE study package with AATBS
● Reimbursement of NCMHCE application and IDFPR licensing fees for LCPC license
● Reimbursement of professional association fees
● Professional liability insurance
● ISC-paid short-term disability insurance
● ISC-paid long-term disability insurance
● ISC-paid group life and AD&D insurance
● ISC-paid emergency travel assistance protection
● ISC-paid identity theft protection
● ISC-paid employee assistance program (EAP)
● Voluntary critical illness insurance
● Voluntary accidental injury insurance
● Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
● Language fluency salary bonus
● Eligibility for discretionary bonuses
IntraSpectrum Counseling offers competitive compensation via weekly base pay and biweekly split fee payments. The LSW Therapist’s split fee rate increases based upon certain milestones. More detailed information, including earning estimates, are available on our website.
Successful LSW Therapists will be offered a permanent position as a Therapist at IntraSpectrum Counseling at the end of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as the Clinical Director or their direct manager may deem necessary from time to time.
All LSW Therapists will be provided training and supervision on fulfilling the responsibilities listed below. It is expected that the LSW Therapist will grow more independent in their ability to execute the below responsibilities throughout the duration of the fellowship program.
- Build up to and maintain at least 22 direct client contact hours per week of individual, relational, and/or family counseling and provide 5 such hours at sliding scale fee rates.
- Co-facilitate at least 1 group counseling session per week. Co-facilitate at least 1 group counseling program at a sliding scale fee rate each year. Co-facilitate at least 1 group counseling program at a pro bono rate each year.
- Clinical duties may include conducting individual, relational, family, and/or group counseling.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision, including individual and group supervision.
- Develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans.
- Provide clear and concise information to clients regarding IntraSpectrum Counseling’s clinical programs, services, and resources.
- Consult with other fellows, therapists, and supervisors as required and appropriate.
- Establish and maintain client case files and other pertinent and related client documents.
- Be an active member of the clinical team, participating in mentorship programs.
- Refer clients to appropriate internal and external resources as required and appropriate.
- Attend continuing education sessions, training, and case consultations on a regular basis.
- Meet session and other quantitative and qualitative operational and clinical performance goals.
- Maintain compliance with all requirements, policies, and procedures as set forth in the IntraSpectrum Counseling handbooks and manuals.
- Timely and prompt completion of detailed case notes for clients.
- Timely and prompt completion and submission of all billing requirements as per practice policy.
- Maintain records according to practice policy.
- Adhere to ethical, legal, and regulatory standards of practice, and maintain an awareness and respect that the individual is practicing under their clinical supervisor’s clinical license.
Team and Administrative Responsibilities
- Commit to professional development.
- Participate in ongoing clinical supervision.
- Participate in regular employee meetings, including meetings with your direct manager, team meetings, all clinician meetings, all staff meetings, and internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Be a strong voice for inclusion and belonging with internal and external audiences, championing our culture, mission, and values to audiences in all communities.
- Play a vital role in culture by supporting efforts to expand access to clinical services, including blog/article writing and facilitating internal and external seminars and/or presentations.
- Use of computer systems for booking client appointments, managing a client’s electronic health record, retrieving relevant organizational and clinical information, and communicating with internal and external individuals.
- Provide general administrative support, such as preparing and updating reports, general filing, and calendaring.
- Maintain positive and professional staff and client relationships, consistently demonstrating honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance. Use discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Stay informed regarding research, best practices, and regulatory developments in clinical practice.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain an openness to feedback.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Regular and reliable attendance. Access to a car or vehicle is not required.
- Willingness to travel upon request.
- At least a master’s degree in social work from an accredited program.
- An active Illinois LSW license is strongly preferred but not required. Individuals without an active Illinois LSW license must be willing to apply for their LSW license within 60 days of hire.
- One year of post-graduate clinical experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and related healthcare regulations and laws.
- Strict adherence to the ethical principles governing confidentiality and privacy.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in working with the LGBTQ+ community required. Demonstrated training or experience in working with the LGBTQ+ community preferred.
- Ability and willingness to explore and process various aspects of intersectionality with clients is required. Demonstrated training or experience in working with clients on multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and/or intersectional issues is preferred.
- Fluency in a foreign language is strongly preferred but not required.
- Excellent consulting and case management skills.
- Able to establish effective working relationships across all organizational levels and with all practice personnel.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work both independently and in a team environment to meet or exceed goals.
- Must display high levels of emotional intelligence and willingness and ability to engage in self-reflection.
- Must have a high degree of discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong project management, time-management, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage competing expectations, prioritize effectively and deliver high-quality, error-free work.
- Must be able to confidently prioritize and reprioritize based on evolving needs or in response to new information.
- Must have strong organizational skills, including the ability to categorize, sort, and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient, and logical manner.
- Ability to carefully proof all work and use proper grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- A strong sense of professionalism about all aspects of the job, including appearance and demeanor.
- Must be accessible and comfortable with a virtual reporting structure for self.
- Must possess a growth mindset.
- Must possess ability and willingness to work in a for-profit, group practice environment.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation. Access to a car is not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time and requires the ability to lift 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to stand, pull, and reach for various items of different weights and varying degrees of height. The ability to work nights and weekends is required. The ability to travel as requested on occasion is required.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
IntraSpectrum Counseling is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
180 N MichiganChicago, IL
Get fresh Lmhca jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.