LCPC LCSW LMFT Therapist @ LGBTQ+ Group Practice
- $60,000 to $92,000 Yearly
IntraSpectrum Counseling is Chicago's leading psychotherapy practice dedicated to the LGBTQ+ community. We strive to provide the highest quality, sex-positive mental health care for multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and intersectional issues for our clients. We are committed to providing an affirming therapeutic environment for the LGBTQ+ community and beyond that supports the development of a strong professional relationship between clients and their therapists. We believe that the safety and strength clients draw from that solid therapeutic relationship allows them to feel more freedom to examine, embrace, and express their authentic selves.
The Therapist will provide individual, group, relational, and family therapy services to the LGBTQ+ community. The ideal candidate will have experience working with clients on multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and/or intersectional issues and should have a high level of emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and demonstrated multicultural competence in working with all facets of the LGBTQ+ community. Individuals with interest, training, or experience working with individuals with significant trauma histories, including racialized trauma both in and out of the workplace, are highly sought. The ability to provide therapy in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese is strongly preferred.
The Therapist will report to the Clinical Director and will build up to and maintain at least 22 direct clinical contact hours per week of individual, relational, and/or family counseling and 1 group therapy session per week. The Therapist is also expected to engage in weekly group clinical consultation, monthly meetings with our Clinical Director, monthly professional development meetings with the People Operations Manager, and engage in ongoing research, training, and mentorship necessary to specialize in queer-focused, multicultural therapy.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE
This position will work Sunday - Thursday with Friday and Saturday off. The position is based out of our Loop office at 180 N Michigan Avenue with one day at our Andersonville office at 5340 N Clark Street. The Therapist will work:
- Sunday: 9 am - 7 pm at the Loop office
- Monday: 3 pm - 9 pm at the Loop office
- Tuesday: 3 pm - 9 pm at the Loop office
- Wednesday: 9 am - 6 pm at the Andersonville office
- Thursday: 3 pm - 9 pm at the Loop office
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: Off
IntraSpectrum Counseling provides competitive compensation through a weekly base salary and a split fee. For more information about our compensation, please see the compensation page on our website.
BENEFITS OF INTRASPECTRUM COUNSELING
IntraSpectrum Counseling offers significant benefits to our team members, including:
- Group health insurance with ISC-paid contribution
- Dental insurance
- ISC-paid vision insurance for team members
- Healthcare, dependent care, transit, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation or sickness
- Paid practice holidays
- Eligible for language fluency and discretionary bonuses
- Access to an unlimited CEU platform
- Expense accounts for additional clinical resources
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Reimbursement of clinical license renewal fees.
- Reimbursement of professional association fees
- Professional liability insurance
- ISC-paid short-term disability insurance
- ISC-paid long-term disability insurance
- ISC-paid group life and AD&D insurance
- ISC-paid emergency travel assistance protection
- ISC-paid identity theft protection
- ISC-paid employee assistance program (EAP)
- Voluntary critical illness insurance
- Voluntary accidental injury insurance
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build up to and maintain at least 22 direct client contact hours per week of individual, relational, and/or family counseling and provide 5 such hours at sliding scale fee rates.
- Facilitate at least 1 group counseling session per week. Provide at least 1 group counseling program at a sliding scale fee rate each year. Provide at least 1 group counseling program at a pro bono rate each year.
- Develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans.
- Participate in weekly group clinical consultation.
- Provide clear and concise information to clients regarding IntraSpectrum Counseling’s clinical programs, services, policies, and resources.
- Consult with other counselors and supervisors as required and appropriate.
- Establish and maintain client case files and other pertinent and related client documents.
- Be an active member of the clinical team, participating in consultation pods, internal committees, and mentorship programs.
- Refer clients to appropriate internal and external resources as required and appropriate.
- Attend continuing education sessions, training, and case consultations on a regular basis.
- Meet session and other quantitative and qualitative operational and clinical performance goals.
- Maintain compliance with all requirements, policies, and procedures as set forth in the IntraSpectrum Counseling handbooks and manuals.
- Timely and prompt completion of detailed case notes for clients.
- Timely and prompt completion and submission of all billing requirements as per practice policy.
- Maintain records according to practice policy.
- Adhere to ethical, legal, and regulatory standards of practice.
Team and Administrative Responsibilities
- Participate in ongoing supervision with Clinical Director and/or assigned supervisor or mentor.
- Participate in regular employee meetings, including meetings with the Clinical Director, team meetings, all clinician meetings, all staff meetings, and internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Be a strong voice for inclusion and belonging with internal and external audiences, championing our culture, mission, and values to audiences in all communities.
- Play a vital role in culture by supporting efforts to expand access to clinical services, including blog/article writing, facilitating internal and external seminars and/or presentations, and case presentation panels.
- Use of computer systems for booking client appointments, managing a client’s electronic health record, retrieving relevant organizational and clinical information, and communicating with internal and external individuals.
- Provide general administrative support, such as preparing and updating reports, general filing, and calendaring.
- Maintain positive and professional staff and client relationships, consistently demonstrating honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance. Use discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Stay informed regarding research, best practices, and regulatory developments in clinical practice.
- Participate in and comply with IntraSpectrum Counseling’s workplace vaccination program and requirements.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain an openness to feedback.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Regular and reliable attendance. Access to a car or vehicle is not required.
- Willingness to travel upon request.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or higher in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field is required.
- Active, unrestricted clinical license (LCPC, LCSW, LMFT) in the State of Illinois.
- One year of post-licensure clinical experience is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in a Cantonese, Mandarin or Spanish strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated interest in working with the LGBTQ+ community required. Demonstrated training or experience in working with the LGBTQ+ community preferred.
- Ability and willingness to explore and process various aspects of intersectionality with clients is required. Demonstrated training or experience in working with clients on multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and/or intersectional issues is preferred.
- Excellent consulting and case management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and related healthcare regulations and laws.
- Strict adherence to the ethical principles governing confidentiality and privacy.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to establish effective working relationships.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must display high levels of emotional intelligence and willingness and ability to engage in self-reflection.
- Must have a high degree of discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have strong organizational skills, including the ability to categorize, sort, and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient, and logical manner.
- Ability to carefully proof all work and use proper grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- A strong sense of professionalism about all aspects of the job.
- Must be accessible and comfortable with a virtual reporting structure for self.
- Must possess a growth mindset.
- Must possess ability and willingness to work in a for-profit, group practice environment.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation. Access to a car is not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time and requires the ability to lift 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to stand, pull, and reach for various items of different weights and varying degrees of height. The ability to work nights and weekends is required. The ability to travel as requested on occasion is required.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
IntraSpectrum Counseling is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
IntraSpectrum CounselingChicago, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.