Our firm primarily practices in the areas of personal injury, medical negligence, and business litigation.
Entry level Paralegal position available immediately for Oakwood firm. Preferred qualifications are one year of paralegal experience, including experience performing litigation tasks (preparing pleadings and subpoenas, drafting discovery requests and responses, scheduling depositions, and indexing and organizing materials for trial). This position will share administrative responsibilities with other paralegal(s) in answering phones, processing correspondence and files, scheduling and preparing for appointments, and assisting the attorneys with assigned tasks. Will cross-train on pre-litigation duties.
Specific Paralegal Duties to include:
· Orders and follows up on requests for reports, medical records and medical bills
· Organizes and drafts timelines of treatment histories and summaries of medical records
· Contacts clients to obtain and relay case information
· Interviews clients and prepares discovery responses
· Drafts routine pleadings, requests for information and subpoenas for informational and trial purposes
· Dockets court deadlines
· Schedules depositions and other trial activity matters
· Prepares trial exhibits and binders
Job Requirements: Associates degree in paralegal studies or similar field preferred. Experience as a paralegal may be substituted for a degree.
· Litigation experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Proficient in creating, saving and editing ADOBE files
· Experience answering multi-line phone system
· Good grammar, telephone skills and office etiquette
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multitask
· Professional demeanor
· Notary Public (a bonus, but not required)
Paid time off and Retirement benefits available (full-time employees and waiting periods apply)
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Job Type: Full-time