Intevac is seeking an electrical engineer to participate in the development of new digital imaging systems. We are looking for a team-oriented, self-driven individual with a keen technical mind and an eye for detail. The Intevac Photonics Division is comprised of engineers who have a detailed understanding of hardware engineering and systems with embedded software. We operate in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment. You will be expected to explore new technologies and product concepts, help create new products, help enhance our current product lines, and stay abreast of new technologies and techniques.
· Design of high speed digital and analog systems for low-noise, low-power imaging devices.
· PCB schematic design, device selection, simulation, analysis, and documentation.
· Problem investigation and resolution, board bring up, debug and electronic troubleshooting.
· Use of FPGA and other programmable digital devices
· Participation in FPGA coding, simulation and verification.
· Interface with mechanical designers to optimize packaging, performance and manage thermal issues.
· Technical coordination of multidisciplinary project team
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Working experience in complex circuit design, schematic capture, board level designs and validation.
· Strong knowledge of HDI Printed Circuit Board layout and PCB manufacturing technology.
· Experience in designing electronic systems with multi-board architectures.
· Experience with and a good understanding of analog designs, implementation of Filters/Amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, noise properties.
· Experience with simulation tools LTSpice, HyperLynx and others.
· Expertise in power management circuits especially low noise and low power designs with switching regulators.
· Proficiency with CAD tools for schematics capture such as Altium Designer or Mentor Graphics.
· Experience in designing systems with multiple FPGAs, DDRs, FLASH and programmable devices.
· Some Experience with FPGA design flow and simulation. Knowledge of System Verilog, Verilog and Modelsim.
· Knowledge and understanding of video interfaces such as DP, HDMI, CoaXpress, Camera Link, MIPI.
· Experience with video cameras, image sensors, video compression and video processing systems is a plus.
· Strong knowledge of serial interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB
· Ability to lead technically multidisciplinary project team to develop electronic systems
· BS or MS in EE, advanced degree preferred
· Significant experience working on state of the art electronic designs
· Permanent residency required. US citizenship is preferred