Proposal and Grant Writer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Proposal & Grant Writer Department: Sales
Reports To: COO Location: Remote
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt Compensation: Negotiable
We are looking for a self-driven, resourceful, and highly collaborative expert Proposal and Grant Writer. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to help us with our mission. The right person will research deadlines, gather information from existing rfps, documentation and technical experts within the company, draft requests, obtain approvals and submit the proposals and supporting documents to the requester.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering, and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (rfps), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering - writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enter and monitor tracking data.
- Coordinate requirements with contributors and contribute proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develop proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepare presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintain quality results by maintaining a library of content and using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Maintain system to keep informed of potential rfps that align with company’s products and services.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Research state or local education bids and grant opportunities from government agencies and private organizations.
- Draft bid and grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Submit proposals to grant coordinators for approval.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
- Maintain insurance requirements and renewals.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as finance, accounting, revenue, etc.
- A proven track record of winning proposals/grants
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to use to data to inform decision making
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Why Intervene K-12?
We Think Intervene Is a Great Place To Work - We’re a Rapidly Growing Startup So It’s Not Perfect But…
❤️ Feel good about your work: Here at Intervene we engage and empower students to achieve their academic goals. We unlock the potential of educators and administrators, improving their ability to lead and use data to deliver world-class instruction.
Non ProfitView all jobs at Intervene K-12