Title: Plant Controller
Department: Engineered Coated Products (ECP) Division
Location: Springfield, OH
Immediate Supervisor: Director - Finance Manufacturing
Status: Exempt Salaried
Position Purpose: Partner with leadership to optimize the business and grow division profitability in one ECP plant location.
Lead the administration of general accounting practices, functions and standards of the Company, maintain fiscal records and prepare financial reports. Assure through knowledge of IFRS and IPG policies that accounting and other financial and operating reports accurately reflect the accurate condition of the Company and provide management with reliable information necessary to control operations. Direct responsibility for financial accounting, cost accounting and budget functions.
Principle Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Key member of the management team and the owner of all financial-related reporting and governance
- Interpret operating results as they impact company financials and make specific recommendations which will result in profit improvement
- Prepare budgets and provides continual analysis of current projections and operational results in comparison to budget and projections
- Ensure conformance that all accounting procedures are compliant with IFRS and Company policy
- Maintain accurate General Ledger records with detailed support and analyses aligned for monthly SOX reporting
- Leader for financial reporting, cost accounting and budgeting plus all related variance analysis
- Preparation of all financial statements and review all financial reports for accuracy, assuming responsibility for all financial transactions
- Works with Plant, Division, and Corporate team members to provide periodic financial and operating reports, KPI dashboards, etc
- Maintain inventory control procedures and reconciliations to ensure accurate presentation of current financial and operating position. Work with Operations Leads to coordinate physical inventories both within the plant(s) and outside warehouses.
- Prepare and analyze all cost, product (bill of material standards) and plant economic analyses, as well as, other statistical reports
- Monitor and review fixed asset expenditures and issue status reports
- Interface with IPG Shared services for Corporate and Manufacturing Accounting, Payroll, AP, AR, Credit, and Treasury
- Financial lead for the upcoming ERP installation, aligning with other ECP and IPG Plants
- Maintain controls necessary to ensure Company's compliance with state sales and use tax laws.
- Cooperate with auditors of public accounting firm retained by IPG to audit accounting procedures and records.
- Oversee preparation of and prepare analyses of specific accounts to assist and comply with standards of the internal year end audit.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Five years of leadership experience in Manufacturing Accounting.
- Further experience with a multi-product manufacturing standard costing system and MRP system with product bills of material
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- CPA, CMA, or advanced degree desired or pursuit of same required if not held.
- Solid foundation of IFRS Standards and SOX Reporting
- Knowledge in Accounting-related best practices in areas such as Period Close. Purchasing, Payables, and Payroll
- Strong IT systems / database skills working with multidimensional reporting tools to retrieve and analyze data
- Proficient in ERP applications, primarily JDE and the Microsoft product suite, must be an expert in Excel
Intertape Polymer Group (IPG)Springfield, OH
Finance and InsuranceView All Intertape Polymer Group (IPG) Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.