- $32 to $42 Hourly
- Responsible for safe work habits and ensuring that all equipment operates in a safe manner.
- Installation and commissioning of packaging machinery. Includes following documented commissioning protocol, reporting and closing open issues, and obtaining customer sign offs as required on issues and warranty start.
- Provide service to existing customers. Includes troubleshooting and diagnosing controls, electrical, mechanical, lubrication, and pneumatic systems to repair automation and ancillary equipment.
- Provide service preventive maintenance to existing customers. Includes following preventive maintenance task list and completing all tasks.
- Provide training to existing customers. Includes following training manuals to execute electrical and operator training. May include both classroom and hands-on training.
- Track all delays in installations and interact with customer and internal project managers to communicate progress and open issues.
- Integration and support of vision, scanner, and OEM equipment. Work with local teams and remote OEM support for this. Learn and provide training to customer on-site for recipe creation, operation, support, or any other service required.
- Report hours and expenses as directed by company procedures in the required timeframe.
- Extensive travel required, domestic and international.
- Must comply with all state, local, and customer safety requirements
- Performs system validation according to scope documentation and project requirements.
- Verify proper function of safety circuits and programming.
- Execute commissioning checklists.
- Assist machine debug, operating programming software.
- Make temporary program changes as required to support debug process.
- Support performance runs.
- Support software validation requirements.
- Support customer factory acceptance testing (FAT).
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with customers, support and follow-up on customers' concerns and problems
- Work under the confines of the project schedule and budget.
- Problem-solve with Mechanical Builders, debug software issues, debug mechanical issues, and update all appropriate documentation.
- Communicate ideas and comprehend information both verbally and in written form.
- Provide necessary documentation and support for machinery operating manuals.
- Handle all aspects of installations while on service.
- Willingness to travel up to 90-100%
- Related tasks as requested by supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree in electrical engineering, engineering related field, equivalent experience, or enrolled in a program which results in an associate degree in electrical engineering, engineering related field.
- 5-7 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas or Mechanical/Controls Engineering background.
- Ability to troubleshoot, find the root cause and fix machinery.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and able to travel to field sites, domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Must be able to travel 90-100%.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel).
- Prior work experience with or courses for electrical design.
- Prior work experience with or courses for PLC Programs.
- Experience with industrial HMI and SCADA systems, Allen-Bradley controls/controllers an PLCs preferred.
- Familiarity with industrial automation systems, including HMI, Allen-Bradley controls/controllers, Siemens PLCs and Schneider PLCs, preferred
- Experience with 2D drafting software like Draft Sight preferred.
- Willingness to bring a team together and accomplish project goals effectively.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Aptitude and willingness to be a self-starter
- Must be able to travel at any time to various customer locations, which includes having or being able to obtain a passport.
- Must have a full range of motion and be able to kneel and bend and twist for extended periods as the task may require.
- This position requires continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs, and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- This position requires long periods of standing
- The use of safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, helmets, and hearing protection, is utilized daily.
- This position requires lifting and maneuvering 50lbs. Without physical restrictions and up to 70lbs. with the assistance of lifting equipment or other team members
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Intertape Polymer Group (IPG)Eot Island, FM
Get fresh Controls Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.