The Administration MIT will be able to perform all office duties including but not limited to: all aspects of billing, allocation of loads, understanding of holds, all customer services aspects, scheduling, and running reports. Upon demonstrating proficiency in each task, the MIT will then be cross-trained in other departments and will eventually be trained and prepared to manage the office.
ESSENTIAL ABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Understand and be able to process all aspects of billing (bill codes, billing schedules, freight billing, process daily/weekly/monthly billing, etc.)
- Ability to schedule appointments in eSchedule
- Understanding how to find and view status of orders in JDA Red Prairie and eSchedule
- Understanding how to modify or cancel orders in JDA Red Prairie and eSchedule
- Pallet reporting
- Understanding OSD’s, POD’s, Recall Procedures, and Month End Reporting
- All customer service related responsibilities including but not limited to: hold definitions, applying/removing product holds, changing inventory status, inventory adjustments, etc.
- Ability to communicate with, discipline, and manage office clerks
- Be able to interact skillfully with customers
- Ability to think critically and problem solve when confronted with customer-related issues
Each position offers high visibility and attention to your career but requires each promotion to be earned by working one’s way up.
Interested candidates must be willing to TRAVEL for promotional learning opportunities. We will grow our company significantly over the next 10 years and call on our Managers-in-Training to be our future leaders.
Our MIT’s become leaders of people, processes and operations they are promoted when ready and counted on for their recommendations.