Global Relocation Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Global Relocation Specialist (GRS) is responsible for end-to-end management of all personal effect shipments. Shipments include tenders from Department of Defense (DOD), General Service Administration (GSA) agencies (to include Department of State), National Accounts and private relocations. The GRS ensures personal effects are transported timely, seamlessly, and cost-effectively, along with providing a quality customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
End-to-End Management as directed by the appropriate US Government Tender of Service and/or Commercial Account.
Shipment Coordination (Operational/Customer Service)
- Register shipments into IMIS within 24 hours of tender
- Complete introductory contact with transferee; provide initial shipment documentation packet
- Negotiate final rates with/and secure Origin Service, Line-haul , Ocean/Air Freight and Destination Service Providers for every shipment tendered
- Provide shipment cost estimates to account for review and approval
- Update Job Costing system to manage shipment financials; accrual adjustments
- Coordinate and confirm Pre-Move Survey Dates with Origin Service Provider (OSP)
- Arrange third party services, as required.
- Confirm packing/pick-up dates with OSP prior to pick-up
- Track/confirm “Ready to Ship” status with OSP, provide/collect documentation
- Designate Transportation Service Provider (TSP) for shipment movement and/or self-coordinate operational routing.
- Coordinate/confirm line-haul from OSP to Port Agents; provide/collect documentation
- Coordinate/confirm ocean booking with Steamship Provider (INTL shipments); provide/collect documentation
- Coordinate, confirm and advise Destination Service Provider (DSP) of shipment arrival; provides supporting documentation for customs clearance (INTL)
- Timely update IMIS and IVUE with status dates, pre-approvals, shipment related information and documents
- Maintain and monitor shipments daily through Traffic Management Queue System
- Communicate shipment status updates consistently to transferee
- Communicate policy exceptions and authorization requests to transferee/account
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to problematic shipment related situations
- Provide claims, shipment valuation guidance to transferee
- Update EDI with external providers
International Department/General Interstate Corporate Assistance
- Provide general departmental support, as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to manage multiple external interruptions when working within shipments, i.e. switch from one shipment to another with ease
- Ability to work independently
- Manage and coordinate multiple shipments without compromising shipment quality and efficiency.
- Excellent multi-tasking capability
- Make sound routing decisions upon analyzing shipment profitability
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office
- Ability to work outside standard business hours as a result of international time-zone demands
EDUCATION and/or EXPERENCE
College Degree (Logistics/Business/Transportation) preferred or equivalent industry experience
INTL Move Management and/or shipment coordination experience and working knowledge of international shipping chain helpful
Communicate effectively and present information accurately. Prepare proper, professional written correspondence. Professional verbal etiquette.
General comprehension of shipment profit and loss concept
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, including ratios, percentages and units of measure
Common sense approach when completing written, oral, and diagram form instructions.
Ability to manage problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the individual will be required to use hands to type, hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and external parties, see well enough to read written items and conduct business using a computer monitor. The employee is required to frequently stand, walk and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The working conditions are those of a normal office environment with the absence of disagreeable elements. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General small team setting office environment; hybrid (virtual and on-site)
Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Global Relocation Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.