Chief Financial & Operating Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
This position reports to the CEO, with a dotted line to the President, presents to the Board of Directors, and serves as an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). The individual acts as a leading enterprise-wide business partner in the development of the organization’s strategic plans and programs.
As the CFO, this individual leads the financial management of the enterprise family of companies and is responsible for developing, managing and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO, ELT, Business Unit Leaders (BUL) & Department Heads (DH), with emphasis on bottom line performance, working capital and enhancing shareholder value. This position will provide critical financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy.
As the COO, this individual provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the companies have proper technology platforms, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, along with talent resources and systems in place to effectively meet business objectives, operational efficiencies, and financial goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The position is responsible for the below listed essential duties. This is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be added as deemed appropriate.
- Work collectively with the CEO to ensure the aggressive and successful retention and growth of the enterprises net value.
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the company by providing day-to-day leadership and management direction that aligns with the corporate values and established business plans.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes in order to help grow the business unit net values, create self-sufficiency within units and reduce the dependency between units, increase revenue diversity in sectors & services, and strategically pursue opportunities that compliment across multiple units within the organization.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve business objectives and goals to include profitability and cash flow.
- Responsible for establishing internal and external processes and key performance indicators for the various entities and departments while managing outcomes and measuring effectiveness. Ensure that company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures to meet operational and financial targets.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Collaborate with the management teams to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the business objectives and goals of the organization.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the senior leadership team; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program. Make talent “recruiting and separation” decisions. Mentor direct report Department Teams through coaching, mentoring and professional development with a goal for long term staff retention.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Proactively represent the firm with clients, business partners and shareholders.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO, ELT, BUL and DH informed of all critical issues.
- Assist in the protection of the organization by ensuring it is compliance with all applicable laws and policies.
- Attend and participate in meetings of municipal councils or council committees.
- Preside over or serve on boards of directors, management committees, or other governing boards of related industry & trade groups.
- Participate in Thought Leadership through delivery of presentations, development and dissemination of content via professional events, social media, applicable gatherings & meetings, etc. to promote the organization and its services, exchange ideas, and capture best practices.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Leads the direction and support to the ELT, BUL, and DH with key financial information and operational analytics.
- Drives a culture of accountability in both managing and adding value to the operating business.
- Define the corporate financial strategy, manage financial capital and communicate capital requirements/ implications of business decisions to CEO, BOD, BUL & DH.
- Conduct meaningful proactive analysis to improve key business decisions focusing on management of working capital and use of financial vehicles.
- Grow equity value – increase gross profit and reduce debt.
- Ensure efficient capital expenditures and minimize taxes.
- Deliver valuable financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing business strategies
- Establish internal control processes required to manage and grow the business.
- Anticipate and initiate preventive corrective actions to potential problems, not exclusive to financial matters.
- Drive the annual budget process and the monthly reporting.
- Proactively manage cash flows.
- Implement proper financial reporting to determine timey profit estimates to plan.
- Ensure the development, implementation and ongoing management of a financial risk mitigation policy
- Effectively manage expectations and service delivery of; board of directors, financial institutions, investment advisors, suppliers, and other financial relationships.
- Structure, negotiate, and finalize enterprise purchase agreements.
Manages direct report VP’s, Directors, Managers & Supervisors who individually may be responsible for staff counts of 2-50. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS, TRAITS.
- Ability to strategically drive the organization forward, encouraging departments to want to be cohesively linked versus siloed.
- Proficient at aligning the organization’s desired business model with short- and long-term qualitative and quantitative measures of success and aggregate risk tolerances.
- Multidimensional thinker who moves fluidly between creative problem-solving, critical thinking, and strategic thinking.
- Navigates quickly in the gray and regularly demonstrates sound decision-making in the face of ambiguity.
- Demonstrates consistent and successful execution of the things that really matter to the enterprise.
- Adept at choosing, developing, and engaging supporting talent.
- Skilled communicator who can deliver reliable and relevant communication at various levels, ensuring that stakeholders with diverse backgrounds want to listen with an open mind to the good, the bad, and other.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- MBA or Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Ten (10) – Fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience with increasing responsibility
- At least 5 years of direct supervisory experience of management level employees
- Experience working with multi-divisional company, preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger and type. The employee needs to be able to hear well enough to communicate both internally and externally. The employee must be able to see well enough to read written items and use a computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and stoop. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The working conditions are those of a normal office with the absence of disagreeable elements. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?